+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recording Implied Status in PPC

glory1517

Mar 1, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I have some doubt regarding my timeline and I hope some of you can give me some clarification, I will greatly appreciate it!

I have most of my timeline sorted out and I am wondering how this needs to be recorded in the Physical Presence Calculator, I had originally sorted this using the issue and expiry dates on all the visas I have had but I did hold implied status a couple of times which conflicts with some of these dates, I am wondering how to record my implied status in the PPC.

My work permit at the time was going to expire so I applied for a change of status, OWP expired on May 4th 2015 and I received my new visitor visa on May 14th 2015, so there's 10 days here in which I am on implied status.

Again when I first made my PR application, I was on visitor status since Oct 30th 2015, I made my PR application before the 6 month mark (Do not recall the date) but I did not get an acknowledge of receipt until June 17th 2016 (About 8 months into my visitor status), so I was once again on implied status for about 2 months there.

I also made a work permit application along my PR and received my OWP on Aug 17th 2016 with expiry date of June 2nd 2017 (Implied status again) and received my PR on Aug 2017.

Hope this is not too confusing, thank you!!

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Si
Hi Everyone,

I have some doubt regarding my timeline and I hope some of you can give me some clarification, I will greatly appreciate it!

I have most of my timeline sorted out and I am wondering how this needs to be recorded in the Physical Presence Calculator, I had originally sorted this using the issue and expiry dates on all the visas I have had but I did hold implied status a couple of times which conflicts with some of these dates, I am wondering how to record my implied status in the PPC.

My work permit at the time was going to expire so I applied for a change of status, OWP expired on May 4th 2015 and I received my new visitor visa on May 14th 2015, so there's 10 days here in which I am on implied status.

Again when I first made my PR application, I was on visitor status since Oct 30th 2015, I made my PR application before the 6 month mark (Do not recall the date) but I did not get an acknowledge of receipt until June 17th 2016 (About 8 months into my visitor status), so I was once again on implied status for about 2 months there.

I also made a work permit application along my PR and received my OWP on Aug 17th 2016 with expiry date of June 2nd 2017 (Implied status again) and received my PR on Aug 2017.

Hope this is not too confusing, thank you!!
Since the PPC does not give an option for implied status, you will have to list the status you were waiting for, since it is implied your application is under process for the status you have applied for. So for the period between May 4 - May 14, 2015, for example, you will list visitor status. What is confusing is what status you were on between May 14 - October 30 2015 since you said you were on visitor status since Oct 30.

glory1517

Mar 1, 2016
Si

Since the PPC does not give an option for implied status, you will have to list the status you were waiting for, since it is implied your application is under process for the status you have applied for. So for the period between May 4 - May 14, 2015, for example, you will list visitor status. What is confusing is what status you were on between May 14 - October 30 2015 since you said you were on visitor status since Oct 30.
Thank you that is very helpful!! I went back home on Oct 21st and re-entered October 30th so if I understand correctly this re-started the 6 month period I am allowed to be in Canada as a visitor. This means sometime before meeting the 6 month mark I made my PR application which I received on June 17th, although this makes me question what my implied status would be during this time, I made both PR and OWP application together and received my WP on Aug 17th, would my implied status be work permit? Also, do I need to record the time I was out of the country? Thanks again :)

sydcarton

Sep 4, 2015
Thank you that is very helpful!! I went back home on Oct 21st and re-entered October 30th so if I understand correctly this re-started the 6 month period I am allowed to be in Canada as a visitor. This means sometime before meeting the 6 month mark I made my PR application which I received on June 17th, although this makes me question what my implied status would be during this time, I made both PR and OWP application together and received my WP on Aug 17th, would my implied status be work permit? Also, do I need to record the time I was out of the country? Thanks again :)
Ok makes more sense now. So your implied status would be work permit on PPC. In the actual application form there’s a Q asking to list all statuses in Canada prior to being a PR, so you can explain it more there.
And if it falls within the 4-year period preceding the date of your application you have to mention all absences from Canada. Hope this helps. Good luck!