+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Record of Employment

vijay_k

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Dear Friends

I got to know about Record of employment [ ROE ] in service Canada website.
I am a new Permanent resident . All my work experience was in India and recently came on PR to Canada.

Should I register for ROE with service canada? or Do I have to register only after getting job in Canada.

Please advice

thank you

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Dear Friends

I got to know about Record of employment [ ROE ] in service Canada website.
I am a new Permanent resident . All my work experience was in India and recently came on PR to Canada.

Should I register for ROE with service canada? or Do I have to register only after getting job in Canada.

Please advice

thank you
Record of employment is the work you had done, salary, EPI and other similar stuff in Canada, since you are new to Canada, it will be started now. The work experience of India was only for immigration purpose.
This is basically your record while working in Canada.

vijay_k

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Record of employment is the work you had done, salary, EPI and other similar stuff in Canada, since you are new to Canada, it will be started now. The work experience of India was only for immigration purpose.
This is basically your record while working in Canada.
Dear Taran
Thanks for clarifying.
one last question
So, I should register with government agency/service Canada once I start employment here in Canada?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Dear Taran
Thanks for clarifying.
one last question
So, I should register with government agency/service Canada once I start employment here in Canada?
Do you mean CRA? The website where you can see taxes, benefits and other similar stuff, if you are asking about it, yes? As once you file taxes the account have to be a must.

vijay_k

Star Member
Jul 12, 2020
Do you mean CRA? The website where you can see taxes, benefits and other similar stuff, if you are asking about it, yes? As once you file taxes the account have to be a must.
Not CRA, service Canada or any government sites