+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration

Dec 19, 2019
Hi I applied for reconsideration. Below is the mail received on 8th. What is the next step & how many days i need to wait before i start my fresh PR APPLICATION.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding a reconsideration request and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on the application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Reactions: Raggy

kgaurangk

Mar 12, 2020
Hi I applied for reconsideration. Below is the mail received on 8th. What is the next step & how many days i need to wait before i start my fresh PR APPLICATION.

We verified the information you provided regarding a reconsideration request and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on the application.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Did you make any progress with your application? I have a similar situation.

kgaurangk

Mar 12, 2020
Yes its rejected, i applied fresh application.

If possible simultaneously create one more fresh application. Don't wait if they made the decision they are not gone change it.
Thanks for the reply. If you dont mind me asking -
1. what was the reason for rejection?
2. how long did they take to get back for reconsideration?
3. was your fee refunded?

Dec 19, 2019
Thanks for the reply. If you dont mind me asking -
1. what was the reason for rejection?
2. how long did they take to get back for reconsideration?
3. was your fee refunded?
It got rejected as my lawyer didnt submit oneof the reference letter. It usally takes 2 to 3 weeks for reconsideration status. No i didnt get refund as i didn't pay the landing fee at the time of application.

Imrankhan27

Nov 28, 2017
It got rejected as my lawyer didnt submit oneof the reference letter. It usally takes 2 to 3 weeks for reconsideration status. No i didnt get refund as i didn't pay the landing fee at the time of application.

We sent reconsideration request on January 24 for my husband dependent open work permit but still no response..Give me suggestion Please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
We sent reconsideration request on January 24 for my husband dependent open work permit but still no response..Give me suggestion Please.
Reapply and put together a stronger application

Dec 19, 2019
Either wait or drop a fresh application.

They usually respond in a month with the status.

If you think you are missing document. Collect the document & drop fresh application, you can run both applications simultaneously.

Reactions: Imrankhan27

Imrankhan27

Nov 28, 2017
Either wait or drop a fresh application.

They usually respond in a month with the status.

If you think you are missing document. Collect the document & drop fresh application, you can run both applications simultaneously.
Okay..Thank you for your response.This covid made the scenario really worst.

mahib

Apr 12, 2020

hello

may I ask you how did you request the reconsideration, just by webform?? I am in the same situation, my application got cancelled because of a wrong document ,

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
hello

may I ask you how did you request the reconsideration, just by webform?? I am in the same situation, my application got cancelled because of a wrong document ,
If it got cancelled then your application was incomplete I'm not sure reconsideration request will be considered. Better file a new application.

Chances of them changing decision in reconsideration is minimal. Also, there is no set timeline for reconsideration so it could take months to hear a decision.

My first application was rejected after 10 months. I sent in a reconsideration request on the same day, then a month later reapplied with a stronger application. My second application got approved in 4 months. About 3 weeks later, my first application reconsideration request was cancelled and file closed

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
If it got cancelled then your application was incomplete I'm not sure reconsideration request will be considered. Better file a new application.

Chances of them changing decision in reconsideration is minimal. Also, there is no set timeline for reconsideration so it could take months to hear a decision.

My first application was rejected after 10 months. I sent in a reconsideration request on the same day, then a month later reapplied with a stronger application. My second application got approved in 4 months. About 3 weeks later, my first application reconsideration request was cancelled and file closed
Wow! Rejected after 10 months and the second approved after 4 months. That's one happy ending story.

Why were you rejected?

nirushanraj

Oct 5, 2019
Yes its rejected, i applied fresh application.

If possible simultaneously create one more fresh application. Don't wait if they made the decision they are not gone change it.
Sorry to hear about it. If you don’t mind could you tell me when you had applied, the stream, and when were you notified about your application status?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Wow! Rejected after 10 months and the second approved after 4 months. That's one happy ending story.

Why were you rejected?
1) WES ECA didn't include my second degree in summary
2) I didn't provide IT returns because I didn't file any so officer was not satisfied with work experience
3) Gift deed was not accepted.

For second application,
1) I replaced WES ECA with IQAS which included both degrees in summary.
2) I filed 2 years tax returns
3) Funds got corrected on its own since I had the money for over a year in my account so gift deed was not required this time.

I felt my second case will be heavily scrutinised because of the refusal but the processing went super smooth and was not asked for any ADRs. I was surprised by how quick it went.