+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration request after visitor visa refusal

Dec 1, 2022
Hi guys, I applied for reconsideration request after visitor visa refusal. I got the email from the department which said “…Your request will be reviewed within 30 days of this email, If the Migration Officer determines the decision was rendered with no error in fact, law, or procedural fairness, this message will serve as notification of the review and you will receive a reply to this effect. No further reconsideration requests will be considered without the submission of a new application….”
My question is that in my case 30 days have passed but I did not receive any reply from them. Does that mean I have to reapply? Or is it 30 working days? Thanks

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Hi guys, I applied for reconsideration request after visitor visa refusal. I got the email from the department which said “…Your request will be reviewed within 30 days of this email, If the Migration Officer determines the decision was rendered with no error in fact, law, or procedural fairness, this message will serve as notification of the review and you will receive a reply to this effect. No further reconsideration requests will be considered without the submission of a new application….”
My question is that in my case 30 days have passed but I did not receive any reply from them. Does that mean I have to reapply? Or is it 30 working days? Thanks
You should wait some more time coz everything is delayed after covid n ukraine issues... the reply itself is a positive sign coz usually ircc don't send this kind of reply. However u can reapply at any time but again u will hv to wait for a long time as well as there's more chances of refusal if u would submit the same documents coz new VO will relay on previous file n refusal reasons if everything is same so for new application u should strongly counter the refusal reasons with additional documents

Dec 1, 2022
You should wait some more time coz everything is delayed after covid n ukraine issues... the reply itself is a positive sign coz usually ircc don't send this kind of reply. However u can reapply at any time but again u will hv to wait for a long time as well as there's more chances of refusal if u would submit the same documents coz new VO will relay on previous file n refusal reasons if everything is same so for new application u should strongly counter the refusal reasons with additional documents
Thanks. I think I should wait then.

NoraCheung

May 25, 2023
Hi, could you pls share your letter of request for the reconsideration? I was refused last month and I want to try it.