+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration request after PR refusal

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Hi Friends,
My PR was refused due to wrong noc code. CIC felt that i don't quality under the NOC code i submitted the application.
I requested for a re consideration of the application and nearly after 3 months, I got a confirmation from CIC that they've reviewed my case and has reopened my file.
Any idea on what happens next? I just got a letter from CIC saying that they would contact me if any additional info is required!!.

Please help!

Reactions: lord gareth

Irada_G

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2017
Hi Friends,
My PR was refused due to wrong noc code. CIC felt that i don't quality under the NOC code i submitted the application.
I requested for a re consideration of the application and nearly after 3 months, I got a confirmation from CIC that they've reviewed my case and has reopened my file.
Any idea on what happens next? I just got a letter from CIC saying that they would contact me if any additional info is required!!.

Please help!
Hi, would you mind answering a couple of questions?
Is there any update on your case? How did you submit the reconsideration request? What's your processing office?
Thanks a lot

arc22

Star Member
Oct 13, 2012
Is there any update on your case? How did you submit the reconsideration request? What's your processing office?
Thanks a lot
Hi,
No updates yet, the last one was around 2 weeks back stating that they've reopened my file and will let me know if they need any additional documents.
The office if I remember correctly was the one in Nova Scotia.

togunbiyi

Jan 31, 2018
Hi Friends,

Please help!
Hello, how did you apply for the reconsideration? Did you send a letter to them, if yes please can you give me the full address of their office that you sent the letter to? Or was it through email, if yes what email address?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
Hello, how did you apply for the reconsideration? Did you send a letter to them, if yes please can you give me the full address of their office that you sent the letter to? Or was it through email, if yes what email address?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.
You can contact IRCC through the web form in the link below to ask for re-consideration if and only if there is a valid reason and the application is refused due to a mistake by the IRCC officer, otherwise, there is no point in doing so. There is no template for the inquiry, just fill out the web form and explain why you believe your application should be re-opened. Good Luck!

link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

togunbiyi

Jan 31, 2018
You can contact IRCC through the web form in the link below to ask for re-consideration if and only if there is a valid reason and the application is refused due to a mistake by the IRCC officer, otherwise, there is no point in doing so. There is no template for the inquiry, just fill out the web form and explain why you believe your application should be re-opened. Good Luck!

link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
Thank you!

Amanda Singh

Oct 16, 2017
Do not hire an immigration lawyer right off the bat. Do file for an appeal within the 30 Days by following the guidelines provided to you. Then write a reconsideration email to the Embassy in question requesting them to reopen your file and provide all evidence applicable. It can take up to 30 days for an embassy to reply to you so don't wait to file your appeal once you hear from them. File your appeal now without a lawyer. Hopefully the embassy will contact you and let you know that they reopen your case and then you can cancel your appeal. This way all bases are covered and you still have lots of time to hire a lawyer if need be. When you file for your appeal they will have to send the transcripts of your file. So make sure that as soon as you find out that your case is reopened from the embassy... you close your appeal. This is all from personal experience regarding my case with my husband being refused. We were refused for other reasons and I provided more solid evidence and requested them to reopen my file. Be sure to word your letter well and title your email properly so that they know exactly what they're opening and exactly what they're seeing right away. Also I was told by an embassy to write or urgent at the front of the title.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Do not hire an immigration lawyer right off the bat. Do file for an appeal within the 30 Days by following the guidelines provided to you. Then write a reconsideration email to the Embassy in question requesting them to reopen your file and provide all evidence applicable. It can take up to 30 days for an embassy to reply to you so don't wait to file your appeal once you hear from them. File your appeal now without a lawyer. Hopefully the embassy will contact you and let you know that they reopen your case and then you can cancel your appeal. This way all bases are covered and you still have lots of time to hire a lawyer if need be. When you file for your appeal they will have to send the transcripts of your file. So make sure that as soon as you find out that your case is reopened from the embassy... you close your appeal. This is all from personal experience regarding my case with my husband being refused. We were refused for other reasons and I provided more solid evidence and requested them to reopen my file. Be sure to word your letter well and title your email properly so that they know exactly what they're opening and exactly what they're seeing right away. Also I was told by an embassy to write or urgent at the front of the title.
Is this spousal sponsorship or EE application? Was it refusal or incomplete documents?

Amanda Singh

Oct 16, 2017
Thanks a lot
See my comments below. I got the address by calling the embassy. I was dealing with New Delhi office.

koko89

Feb 4, 2019
Hi Friends,

Please help!
Hi,
I am in same situation and I want to send them a request to reconsider. How did you correct the NOC? Did you send a new employment letter? How did the case end. Please help.

Thanks

rkumboj

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
See my comments below. I got the address by calling the embassy. I was dealing with New Delhi office.
Did you email new delhi visa office for reconsideration? What was the email address you used? Did you also do anything else? My husband file also got refused. I have the same case as you. Please help me with this. They said that our relationship is not genuine which is very wrong. Please help me.

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Hello @Amanda Singh

I need to know 02 things from you
1. How much time will take by NDVO to send the reply against your Reconsideration Request?
2. What is the procedure to put a Appeal by myself? If you have any link could you send to me.

Preet009

May 21, 2019
Hi Friends,

Please help!
Did you correct your nov or sent them employment letter with diff nov

joanne_lolo

May 24, 2019
Hello! Just came across your post!
My husband and I are going through similar issues here, our application got refused few days ago, the officer did not believe my intention in moving back to Canada regardless I have provided some evidence. However, I thought I can only upload 3MB files to webform, so I have only picked some of the evidence ( not all, and missing the fact that I actually resigned from my job ), I didnt know I can compressed the pdf via some online apps by that time maybe thats why it is not so convincing. Today I went to the HKVO to seek advise, unluckily, the embassy knows nothing and cannot answer any questions related to the immigration issues. I was disappointed,
we went home and decided to send in a reconsideration letter to the webform again, also send in all the evidence and missing facts of my intention. I hope that the officer will review my letter and documents again....