+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reconsideration request after PR refusal

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Do not hire an immigration lawyer right off the bat. Do file for an appeal within the 30 Days by following the guidelines provided to you. Then write a reconsideration email to the Embassy in question requesting them to reopen your file and provide all evidence applicable. It can take up to 30 days for an embassy to reply to you so don't wait to file your appeal once you hear from them. File your appeal now without a lawyer. Hopefully the embassy will contact you and let you know that they reopen your case and then you can cancel your appeal. This way all bases are covered and you still have lots of time to hire a lawyer if need be. When you file for your appeal they will have to send the transcripts of your file. So make sure that as soon as you find out that your case is reopened from the embassy... you close your appeal. This is all from personal experience regarding my case with my husband being refused. We were refused for other reasons and I provided more solid evidence and requested them to reopen my file. Be sure to word your letter well and title your email properly so that they know exactly what they're opening and exactly what they're seeing right away. Also I was told by an embassy to write or urgent at the front of the title.
Please do you have a link where it is stated that we must apply within 30 days of receiving the refusal letter for reconsideration (if one wants to do reconsideration). Pls help, this is urgent.

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Hello, how did you apply for the reconsideration? Did you send a letter to them, if yes please can you give me the full address of their office that you sent the letter to? Or was it through email, if yes what email address?

I would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you.
Hello, pls how long did it take them to reply to your reconsideration? I noticed you said 3months, were you contacting them constantly within the 3months or you just left them and waited?

bvk7

Dec 7, 2019
Hi,
No updates yet, the last one was around 2 weeks back stating that they've reopened my file and will let me know if they need any additional documents.
The office if I remember correctly was the one in Nova Scotia.
Could you please confirm if you have got the PR ? Even for me they cancelled for requesting a translation in PCC . I have submitted the web form but haven't got any updates on reconsideration yet [Just got a acknowledgement after a month from Web form team that they forwarded it to Visa Office for Reconsideration ]. Now it's Close to 2 months after I got the ACK from Web form team

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Could you please confirm if you have got the PR ? Even for me they cancelled for requesting a translation in PCC . I have submitted the web form but haven't got any updates on reconsideration yet [Just got a acknowledgement after a month from Web form team that they forwarded it to Visa Office for Reconsideration ]. Now it's Close to 2 months after I got the ACK from Web form team
Hi there, any update on your case?
I also got rejection due to PCC issue. How did you handle? Did your case go through? Kindly write back!

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Hi there, any update on your case?
I also got rejection due to PCC issue. How did you handle? Did your case go through? Kindly write back!
You have to write a reconsideration letter within days of your refusal and just hope they reconsider your case. They typically don't except you have very compelling reason that the officer may have overlooked.

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
You have to write a reconsideration letter within days of your refusal and just hope they reconsider your case. They typically don't except you have very compelling reason that the officer may have overlooked.
Thanks, @Noel1972 . How to write to them? Webform, which they didn't receive in the first place?
Any medium to reach out to them would be helpful!

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Thanks, @Noel1972 . How to write to them? Webform, which they didn't receive in the first place?
Any medium to reach out to them would be helpful!
for me, they sent me the refusal letter via email and I replied seeking a reconsideration using the same platform i.e. email

check the below link, it may be of help

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/humanitarian-compassionate-consideration/processing/assessment-reconsideration-negative-decision.html

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Please can you give the email address you used to reply to them?
And, did they reconsider your case?

Noel1972

Star Member
May 21, 2017
Unfortunately, my case was not reconsidered. The email address depends on your VO (visa office) which visa office processed your application?

m_faisal

Star Member
Apr 24, 2020
Unfortunately, my case was not reconsidered. The email address depends on your VO (visa office) which visa office processed your application?
Now, how to check, which Visa office processed my application?

I sent them the email, to know about which Office processed my application.
cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Waiting for their response.

Last edited: