+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RECONSIDERATION LETTER REQUEST TO IRCC

DAMSAM

Jun 7, 2023
My wife applied for Canadian Open Work permit for me and a student permit for my daughter in January 2023. Our visa application has been refused on 24/04/2023 on the following grounds.
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  2. The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
  3. You have significant family ties in Canada.• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
We immediately submitted our reconsideration letter on 30/04/2023 to IRCC Abu Dhabi and we received an email from IRCC Abu Dhabi on 12/05/2023 stating that our application has been forwarded to a Migration Officer for review and the request will be reviewed within 30 days from the date email received. Anyone can assist with what could be the approximate time that will be taken by IRCC for the final decision?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife applied for Canadian Open Work permit for me and a student permit for my daughter in January 2023. Our visa application has been refused on 24/04/2023 on the following grounds.
  1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 200(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-200.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  2. The compensation (monetary or other) indicated in your job offer and your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
  3. You have significant family ties in Canada.• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
We immediately submitted our reconsideration letter on 30/04/2023 to IRCC Abu Dhabi and we received an email from IRCC Abu Dhabi on 12/05/2023 stating that our application has been forwarded to a Migration Officer for review and the request will be reviewed within 30 days from the date email received. Anyone can assist with what could be the approximate time that will be taken by IRCC for the final decision?
Post under foreign workers with your wife’s status (is she in Canada on a work visa, salary, NOC), how much in funds did you show to settle in Canada. Is this your job offer? Include how you responded to reconsideration. There are no timelines for reconsideration.

DAMSAM

Jun 7, 2023
My wife is on a study permit in CANADA. We showed CAD 50,000 as liquid cash as a bank balance and assets worth approximately CAD 1 million.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My wife is on a study permit in CANADA. We showed CAD 50,000 as liquid cash as a bank balance and assets worth approximately CAD 1 million.
Post further questions in the Foreign Worker or Students sections. This section is on family sponsorship. Include information on when your wife’s study permit expire, type and length of her program. All you can do is wait for reconsideration review. SOWPs and study permits for children are not guaranteed.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
How long is your wife’s program and what is theyearly tuition? The ability to pay for subsequent years of tuition will be considered as well as living expenses. IRCC really looks at liquid assets. Many may have assets but that doesn’t mean they have access to cash.

itznayas

Jun 10, 2024
Did you get any update on this?