Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Hi,

Was just going thru some info on ECA, Came across three different bodies

CES by UofT
WES
and ICAS

any word on their service? benefits of one over another?

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
WES was quick, straight forward and you could see the process of your app online.

nick.rwth

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
EE 474 points (6th draw)
kryt0n said:
WES was quick, straight forward and you could see the process of your app online.

Yep

and it was cheapest)

+1

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
kryt0n said:
Also, which levels of education need to be assessed? I have a Bachelors from Mumbai Univ, and also HSC (Higher Secondary Cert.) and SSC (Secondary School Cert.)

Do I need all 3 assessed or just the Bachelors?

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Jaiveer Singh said:
Just the higher education!!
Jaiveer,

here's what I am confused about. As per WES, they need attested marksheets from University (of Mumbai, in my case) and not college.

Now I did FY bachelors in college 'X' and SY n TY in college 'Y'

The marksheets were provided by respective colleges... how will university of mumbai be able to look up my marksheets and then also attest it for me and seal it?
Or
Am I taking all my marksheets to university of mumbai, ask them to attest it and seal it?

And in this case since m here, I will have to authorize some one right?

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok i will relate your question to my experience.

It doesn't matter from which college you have completed your respective year, those colleges should be affiliated to Mumbai University which is very obvious.

Mumbai University attest it and put it in a sealed envelope.

Few tips:-

1. Stay there for whole day and tell them to attest it today as i need very urgently or you can use any tool to motivate them :D

2. Ask them how much time they will take to send your application to WES? if they take time, then take sealed envelope from them, put your marksheets and degrees and send by yourself.

off topic- If anyone will say that university has to send it and applicant can't send it, then paste wes link on their faces and tell them to read. I am serious, people are so confused as they send bachelors with masters WHYYYY?

i send my masters to WES on 6th march and i got it yesterday, simple and to the point

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Thanks Jaiveer,

Thats helpful...
Now m just gonna check if I understood.
So all m doing is, taking my marksheets and originals to Mumbai Univ for atestation.

And then either they send it, or I send it to WES in a sealed envelope

Cool?
Did you have experience with Mumbai Univ, I was checking on their site n its not very clear if we have to go to Churhcgate or Kalina?

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This time little bit in a funny way!!

Once in a lifetime i have been to chaupati and had pavbhaji and pani poori haha :p

No experience as i am from New Delhi so just have an experience in above mentioned food

cool_shah01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2015
choprakart said:
Thanks Jaiveer,

Thats helpful...
So all m doing is, taking my marksheets and originals to Mumbai Univ for atestation.

Cool?
Did you have experience with Mumbai Univ, I was checking on their site n its not very clear if we have to go to Churhcgate or Kalina?
Hi,

You need to go to churchgate.

Thanks //

iferg15

Jun 24, 2014
I got my ECA last year with CES, here is the timeline:
July 16 - Documents received by CES
Oct 7 - Unofficial Assessment package completed (e-mail copy sent)
Total cost $251 Canadian.
Bachelor of Engineering from U.S. assessment outcome: four-year bachelor's degree from a recognized university. I had to have my school send a sealed envelop containing my official transcript to them.

dashingdon

Apr 2, 2015
I'm in USA, how can I get the documents attested by university. It's been almost 15 years since I passed out.
Is attestation mandatory?

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
choprakart said:
Thanks Jaiveer,

Thats helpful...

Cool?
Remember choprakart, mumbai university takes one month for verification. So any tool to motivate them is futile, as they have installed cameras everywhere. Don't even attempt to take any such action.

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Thanks niravk for the tip

now since m here, its going to be either a friend or my dad, i'll let them know.
Did you get urs thru Mumbai Univ?
Can you briefly describe for me how it went?