+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recived Procedural Fairness Request from OOPNP, Please Help!!!

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Hi Guys,
I would appreciate that you share your advice on my situation.

I just received an email from OPNP expressing some concerns about my application

This is part of their email:
"The OINP requires that you have the intention to reside and work in Ontario. From the information and documentation provided, I have concerns that you do not meet this requirement.
- As stated in your Change of Personal Information form you are currently residing and /or studying in Montreal, Quebec, which does not demonstrate intent to reside in Ontario. Please provide any further documentation and/or information in support of your application to address the concerns stated."

I submitted my application in July and then moved to Montreal and started a master program in here.I was on post grad work permit when I submitted my application but because my post grad work permit was about to expire and I wanted to stay in Canada with legal status I applied for study permit for a university in Montreal. I also applied for three universities in Ontario but unfortunately did not get admission so I left with no choice other than going to Montreal. I received my file number from OOPNP on October and then sent them a mail in which I told them about change in my status.

I lived in Ontario for almost five years and own a property and have a family tie too and I sincerely plan to go back to Ontario when my permanent residency card is issued. Should I just write an explanation letter and tell them that I will discontinue my master study once my permanent residency card is issued. Do you think this is a reasonable argument? or should I say that I will go back once my master program is completed (winter 2017)?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The fact that you have spent 5 years in Ontario and own a property in the province are very strong indicators of your ties to the province. Recommend that you write a detailed explaining your rationale, attach all possible relevant documentation and reinforce that you are willing to even leave your Masters program midway if granted a nomination from Ontario eventually resulting in a PR (make this claim only if you plan to see it through though).

All the best!

PlasmodiumVivax

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 16, 2013
AOR Received.
August 16, 2013
Med's Request
August 19, 2013
Med's Done....
August 26, 2013
Interview........
NBI Docs req: Jan 14, 2014
Passport Req..
Naunahan nalang sa approval sa PR thru EE
VISA ISSUED...
Nganga pa rin Open work permit application
LANDED..........
Dec 8 2015
aa105942 said:
Hi Guys,
I would appreciate that you share your advice on my situation.

I just received an email from OPNP expressing some concerns about my application

This is part of their email:
"The OINP requires that you have the intention to reside and work in Ontario. From the information and documentation provided, I have concerns that you do not meet this requirement.
- As stated in your Change of Personal Information form you are currently residing and /or studying in Montreal, Quebec, which does not demonstrate intent to reside in Ontario. Please provide any further documentation and/or information in support of your application to address the concerns stated."

I submitted my application in July and then moved to Montreal and started a master program in here.I was on post grad work permit when I submitted my application but because my post grad work permit was about to expire and I wanted to stay in Canada with legal status I applied for study permit for a university in Montreal. I also applied for three universities in Ontario but unfortunately did not get admission so I left with no choice other than going to Montreal. I received my file number from OOPNP on October and then sent them a mail in which I told them about change in my status.

I lived in Ontario for almost five years and own a property and have a family tie too and I sincerely plan to go back to Ontario when my permanent residency card is issued. Should I just write an explanation letter and tell them that I will discontinue my master study once my permanent residency card is issued. Do you think this is a reasonable argument? or should I say that I will go back once my master program is completed (winter 2017)?
That fairness letter actually isn't too bad. What you need to do is address their concern. In general, you need to provide them proof to convince the VO that you actually intends to stay in Ontario. Your situation seems understandable however how do you convey that to the VO to make them believe that you actually wanted to stay in Ontario? Do you still have proof that you applied for the admission to those in the universities? Do you also have rejection letters? I hope that it would actually show in your application that the instution in Quebec was the last one you applied for to show that you had no other choice. You also make sure that you focus on your family ties and your property. If you're not confident that you can convince the VO and since this will be your last chance.. you might want to employ the help of people that specializes in procedural fairness letter.

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Thank you guys. I am going to write a complete explanation letter and tell them about my situation and hope for the best.

aa105942

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
Hi guys again,
I just want to let you know that I was nominated for Ontario and I have started to gather my documents for federal.
I followed your advice and wrote an explanation letter and also included the applications for universities that I applied in Ontario. It apparently worked in my case.
Thank you!!!