+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recieved NOI but OINP closed its registration portal

aspirant_407

Aug 4, 2017
Hi I've received NOI from Ontario in my express entry profile. But the registration portal is now closed. When i wrote this to OINP Q&A portal, they told me that i need to apply before 45 days. is this means that i'm no longer eligible for OINP ? Could somebody clear my confusion?

lkumarx

Jun 22, 2017
Hi, I am also in the same situation, but my agent said the validity of NOI is 6 months. Also, I read the same (6 months) everywhere. Now, the reply you got confused me.
Can someone help us?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Guys, NOI is valid for 6 months, not 45 days. I also am waiting for it to reopen as I was a day late in getting my documents ready to register. Now we just have to pray that OINP reopens soon.

lkumarx

Jun 22, 2017
@trumprefugee Bro, I was also late by just one day. :( . I am new to the immigration process. I received the NOI on 29 now I fear that the validity of the NOI will be over before the registration opens again. Someone told me that for this year it will be remain closed as they are almost reached the qouta. Do you have any idea about it?

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
@trumprefugee Bro, I was also late by just one day. :( . I am new to the immigration process. I received the NOI on 29 now I fear that the validity of the NOI will be over before the registration opens again. Someone told me that for this year it will be remain closed as they are almost reached the qouta. Do you have any idea about it?
Don't pay heed to those pessimistic words :p
Like @trumprefugee and you, I was also late by one day, to be precise 1 hour.
They says they kept "hold" on intake, I believe they haven't filled the quota for 2017, which is too soon considering there are 5months for this year.

Pessimistic side of me says, since they place the registration on hold, they will process the registered application, after which if the quota is fulfilled they will close the nomination for this year.
Optimistic side of me says, they closed the registration to re-open for the later part of the year.

Am staying optimistic that they will re-open in a month or two.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Let's be optimistic. According to Ontario's FAQ document, they intended all along to pause and reopen registration throughout the year in order to give people the chance to apply throughout the year. Last year, they could not take any more applications after May because they had already received enough to fill their quota. So they imposed the current hold so that we could apply later this year:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_oinp_faq.pdf

1) Why is the OINP implementing limit on application intake?
The popularity of the OINP continues to grow. By May 2016, Ontario had received a sufficient number of program applications to fulfill its 2016 allocation. In January 2016 alone, the program received over 1,800 applications. To ensure processing efficiency and quality customer service, the OINP will be monitoring the volume of applications to its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities and International Masters and PhD student streams. These streams will be paused and reopened periodically throughout the year until the province’s 2017 federal allocation is fulfilled. Stakeholders will be informed when streams are temporarily paused and reopened again via the OINP Updates webpage.

6) When will the OINP accept more applications after the initial limit on the intake of applications is reached?
To ensure processing efficiency and quality customer service, the OINP will be monitoring the volume of applications to each of these streams. These streams will be paused and reopened periodically throughout the year until the province’s 2017 federal allocation is fulfilled. Stakeholders will be informed when streams are temporarily paused and reopened again via the OINP Updates webpage

How many spots are still available will become more clear after they update their stats (hopefully soon)
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html

sundar17feb99

Apr 30, 2017
Chennai - India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2017
Nomination.....
05-01-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2018
IELTS Request
R9L8W6.5S6.5
Med's Done....
09-02-2018
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
Let's be optimistic. According to Ontario's FAQ document, they intended all along to pause and reopen registration throughout the year in order to give people the chance to apply throughout the year. Last year, they could not take any more applications after May because they had already received enough to fill their quota. So they imposed the current hold so that we could apply later this year:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_oinp_faq.pdf

1) Why is the OINP implementing limit on application intake?
The popularity of the OINP continues to grow. By May 2016, Ontario had received a sufficient number of program applications to fulfill its 2016 allocation. In January 2016 alone, the program received over 1,800 applications. To ensure processing efficiency and quality customer service, the OINP will be monitoring the volume of applications to its Express Entry Human Capital Priorities and International Masters and PhD student streams. These streams will be paused and reopened periodically throughout the year until the province’s 2017 federal allocation is fulfilled. Stakeholders will be informed when streams are temporarily paused and reopened again via the OINP Updates webpage.

6) When will the OINP accept more applications after the initial limit on the intake of applications is reached?
To ensure processing efficiency and quality customer service, the OINP will be monitoring the volume of applications to each of these streams. These streams will be paused and reopened periodically throughout the year until the province’s 2017 federal allocation is fulfilled. Stakeholders will be informed when streams are temporarily paused and reopened again via the OINP Updates webpage

How many spots are still available will become more clear after they update their stats (hopefully soon)
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_PROCESSINGTIMES.html
That's a great post buddy, a much needed soothing news for the wounded heart like us who missed registering :)