+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recently given citizenship test (share experience)

aed

Oct 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
Hi

My apps November 2013
Process January 2014
RQ Feb 2014
Test June 2014
Oath Oct 3, 2014

When I called Aug 2014 to ask for the oath date. the agent told me that my file was approved since July 17th and reviewing the RQ papers. After a month I got the invitation letter

it took me 10 months and 16 days from Application to Oath with RQ
Congrats! That was fast! :)

poushi24

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
pie_vancouver said:
my test was on June 26th at 10am
no RQ
test was easy, if you read the book you will be fine, I tried free online practice tests
done test in 5-10 minutes
waited for more than 1.5 hrs for my name to be called for the interview
officer asked for pr card, copr, passport, checked passport stamps
asked if I am working, what work, where do I work, what was my previous work
asked if I have criminal record
asked if I have family in Canada
done interview in 5 minutes
Congrats Pie-Vancuver

elen1984

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
I applied(individual) for Canadian citizenship on December 2013 in ottawa ,
Process February 2014
They sent me a study book I read it very well then I practiced on line too,
I passed the test on 23 July 2014 , I've got the full score 20/20
The test was very very easy , simple questions and very clear 3 question or 2 from each chapter ,if you read the book you will answer without confusion ,after that the agent asked me some simple questions ,work, family, travel,...
Then she told me to wait from one to 3 months to take next step, I'm still waiting until now any one took the test on 23 July let us know about your update.

jell9050

Jan 18, 2014
Hi,

Do we need to remember all dates/names from the citizenship book for the test as its very difficult to remember every name of person or dates of different events? Any advise?

rizcom123

Dec 19, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jell9050 said:
Hi,

Do we need to remember all dates/names from the citizenship book for the test as its very difficult to remember every name of person or dates of different events? Any advise?
Yes if you are taking the citizenship test then you should remember every name, person, and events. Do a lot of sample questions and at least read the book once and try to understand the concepts. Below link is the only sample questions that I worked on, thank GOD I got 20/20.

http://www.v-soul.com/

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueshirt said:
guys anyone who got RQ in 2014 and got invited for test please share your experience. Is the RQ already evaluated when invited for test.
CIC appear to now only review RQ after test...why bother with it before...you may not show up for the test..they are better giving the slot to a routine applicant to make the backlog clear faster. You may also fail the test, breach the RO, get tired of the wait and withdraw etc. From an operational point of view it does make sense.