+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent IELTS - Results

yoloraw

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
This thread for those, who recently their IELTS results.

Please post your results along with date of test...so that everyone get to know about recent score trends.

Thanks in advance!!!!

ielts-is-a-crime

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I cant remember how many attempts i have made for IELTS. The latest 4-5 attempts are as follows:

IDP 18/8/2019 - lrws 8/9/8/6.5
BC 25/8/2019 - lrws 8.5/9/6.5/6.5
BC 01/9/2019 - lrws 7.5/7.5/6.5/7
BC 08/9/2019 - lrws 8/9/7/6.5
IDP 21/9/2019 - awaiting result
IDP 22/9/2019 - taking the test tmr

However, honestly my life has been changed upside down by ielts for the past one year. Should I give up on my dream of immigration? This dream is so costly and not healthy for my personal life.

Reactions: jenny_ng

WLily

Sep 22, 2019
I cant remember how many attempts i have made for IELTS. The latest 4-5 attempts are as follows:

However, honestly my life has been changed upside down by ielts for the past one year. Should I give up on my dream of immigration? This dream is so costly and not healthy for my personal life.
As I can see you have scored well in writing which most of us don't get. Please don't give up.i have done my IELTS 3 times and now going to attend 4th time. To increase speaking score record your self use q cards and try to be more fluent.
Let me know if you need to know anything more on ielts.

Reactions: ielts-is-a-crime

haris_rasheed

Jul 13, 2018

After seeing your results, i have learned that you are doing pretty well in Writing. Its the speaking that is hurting, so i would suggest you to listen to BBC Radio, watch English movies (Preferably British Cinema) and listen to lots of English music. This would certainly help you in learning a better accent. Another thing, though its my personal point of view, when you think of something, try to think in English and not in your native language. When you think in English, it will be easier for you to speak fluently.

ielts-is-a-crime

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
As I can see you have scored well in writing which most of us don't get. Please don't give up.i have done my IELTS 3 times and now going to attend 4th time. To increase speaking score record your self use q cards and try to be more fluent.
Let me know if you need to know anything more on ielts.
Thanks for your friendliness and kind advice. Will heed your advice and start practicing speaking in front of the mirror from today onwards. All the best to your 4th attempt, and hope our IELTS adventure will end soon.

ielts-is-a-crime

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
After seeing your results, i have learned that you are doing pretty well in Writing. Its the speaking that is hurting, so i would suggest you to listen to BBC Radio, watch English movies (Preferably British Cinema) and listen to lots of English music. This would certainly help you in learning a better accent. Another thing, though its my personal point of view, when you think of something, try to think in English and not in your native language. When you think in English, it will be easier for you to speak fluently.
Thanks, Haris, for sharing your tips. Your speaking score is what i always dream of... yes that was so hurtful every time i checked the result. I always used finger to cover the result and revealed component by component from top to bottom, and as usual my heart got shattered at the last component’s score. Actually I am aware of my own strong accent which is very hard to change. Anyway I am coming from Singapore.

But you are right. It’s time to overcome what is my biggest weakness. Thanks for your suggestions, and i really feel warm-hearted to receive care from people whom i have never met on this website!

Reactions: haris_rasheed

haris_rasheed

Jul 13, 2018
Thanks, Haris, for sharing your tips. Your speaking score is what i always dream of... yes that was so hurtful every time i checked the result. I always used finger to cover the result and revealed component by component from top to bottom, and as usual my heart got shattered at the last component’s score. Actually I am aware of my own strong accent which is very hard to change. Anyway I am coming from Singapore.

But you are right. It’s time to overcome what is my biggest weakness. Thanks for your suggestions, and i really feel warm-hearted to receive care from people whom i have never met on this website!
I am going through the same situation, but in Writing. May God help us both!!

sandygill

Jun 29, 2019
please can some suggest

i did my speaking exam today
during follow up questions when i was explaining,the examiner asked me to explain more but i requested her to repeat the question again
she moved on to next question by smiling

will it effect my 7 band score??

SolwayFirth

Sep 4, 2019
Australia

Having an thick accent does not affect the marking in IELTS speaking. I have a thick accent too but never struggled with speaking. As long as you are fluent, provide logical argument & reasoning to questions asked, have a good command over structuring a sentence, use less common vocabulary and not correct yourself after the fact, getting an 8 or even 8.5 in speaking is not difficult. btw fluency does not mean not taking gaps while responding to questions or talking non-stop. It basically means not hesitating, back-tracking or repeating anything.