+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Recent IELTS - Results

ielts-is-a-crime

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I cant remember how many attempts i have made for IELTS. The latest 4-5 attempts are as follows:

IDP 18/8/2019 - lrws 8/9/8/6.5
BC 25/8/2019 - lrws 8.5/9/6.5/6.5
BC 01/9/2019 - lrws 7.5/7.5/6.5/7
BC 08/9/2019 - lrws 8/9/7/6.5
IDP 21/9/2019 - awaiting result
IDP 22/9/2019 - taking the test tmr

However, honestly my life has been changed upside down by ielts for the past one year. Should I give up on my dream of immigration? This dream is so costly and not healthy for my personal life.
Finally my journey ends here

Lrws 8.5/9/7/7.5 teehee

ielts-is-a-crime

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Would you please tell me how you improved your speaking from 6.5 to 7.5 in a month? :)
Yes sure. Actually i did not have any special materials. In fact, i kept reminding myself to be calm and consider the examiner as a new friend i’ve just met in a gathering, and my purpose was to get him/her to understand me better. I guess it is kinda psychological trick.

Then when i was calm, i realise the idea flowed to my mind naturally, and i could control the structure of my answers in the following order:

1. State opinion ... simply because...
2. In addition, [2nd opinion] ... partly because ....
3. Examples
4. State one contrast idea (if relevant to the question)
5. Examples
6. Brief conclusion

Following this structure did help me lengthen my answer and give me a chance to use a variety of sentence structures. Plus, i realised it also gave me a feeling of having a close conversation with a friend rather than sitting a test, because I could share more with the examiner what I thought.

Hope this helps you! :)

ielts-is-a-crime

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Wow congratulations once again. :) I am going to give 9th time this Sunday. It's really frustrating.
I could feel you. Same to me for the past 1 year and 21/9 and 22/9 were my 11th and 12th attempt haha honestly I already booked another 2 exams on 28/9 and 29/9 eeps. I guess I will still show up though.

Please do not give up and actually i may think it is a good idea to sit 2 tests on 2 consecutive days because you will Get into the exam momentum on the 2nd day in case u unfortunately screw up the first day. Just my 2-cent thought, friend :) usually i would feel very calm on the 2nd day, even making friends with some invigilators at both my Bc and IDP test centers.

Reactions: Dhirenpatel

Dhirenpatel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Yes sure. Actually i did not have any special materials. In fact, i kept reminding myself to be calm and consider the examiner as a new friend i’ve just met in a gathering, and my purpose was to get him/her to understand me better. I guess it is kinda psychological trick.

Then when i was calm, i realise the idea flowed to my mind naturally, and i could control the structure of my answers in the following order:

1. State opinion ... simply because...
2. In addition, [2nd opinion] ... partly because ....
3. Examples
4. State one contrast idea (if relevant to the question)
5. Examples
6. Brief conclusion

Following this structure did help me lengthen my answer and give me a chance to use a variety of sentence structures. Plus, i realised it also gave me a feeling of having a close conversation with a friend rather than sitting a test, because I could share more with the examiner what I thought.

Hope this helps you! :)
Thanks for the reply. This will definitely help me. I'll try to follow this. Thanks again. Means a lot :)

Reactions: ielts-is-a-crime

Dhirenpatel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
I could feel you. Same to me for the past 1 year and 21/9 and 22/9 were my 11th and 12th attempt haha honestly I already booked another 2 exams on 28/9 and 29/9 eeps. I guess I will still show up though.

Please do not give up and actually i may think it is a good idea to sit 2 tests on 2 consecutive days because you will Get into the exam momentum on the 2nd day in case u unfortunately screw up the first day. Just my 2-cent thought, friend :) usually i would feel very calm on the 2nd day, even making friends with some invigilators at both my Bc and IDP test centers.
Haha nice advice. Let me try that too. :) Would you mind sharing your exam center? Would you prefer BC or IDP?

Reactions: ielts-is-a-crime

ielts-is-a-crime

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Haha nice advice. Let me try that too. :) Would you mind sharing your exam center? Would you prefer BC or IDP?
Both are good but i think BC is more professional in conducting the procedures during the test day, and their speaking examiners seem nicer (at least they try to put on smiling faces). I used to be assigned to some grumpy IDP speaking examiners and i promise that just worsened my speaking performance.

However, i got a personal feeling that idp is more lenient than BC in terms of marking writing. I once did not finish task 1 (academic type) but still got 7.0. If you have no problem with your current speaking performance, i would suggest IDP. Out of all 5 times with IDP I have never score below 7.0 for writing, while it were 3 times out of 7 with BC did my writing fall below 7.0

Dhirenpatel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Both are good but i think BC is more professional in conducting the procedures during the test day, and their speaking examiners seem nicer (at least they try to put on smiling faces). I used to be assigned to some grumpy IDP speaking examiners and i promise that just worsened my speaking performance.

However, i got a personal feeling that idp is more lenient than BC in terms of marking writing. I once did not finish task 1 (academic type) but still got 7.0. If you have no problem with your current speaking performance, i would suggest IDP. Out of all 5 times with IDP I have never score below 7.0 for writing, while it were 3 times out of 7 with BC did my writing fall below 7.0
Thanks for your genuine advice. :) My problem is speaking. And yeah I felt that too IDP speaking examiners sometime seems rude. So I would try BC next time. And yes I gave CBT once and from now on I will be giving on computer as my handwriting is worst. Once again thank you for clearing my doubts.