+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving your PR card after landing... how to give your address or track progress ?

Vince8

Jan 31, 2017
Hello!

When I landed last week I had no address, so I was given a paper to communicate my permanent address later to receive my PR card.
The paper describes three ways of communicating your address:
  • Website - my ID isn't recognized....
  • PR card Call center - every time I call it's busy and it closes the call without giving me the opportunity to talk to anyone
  • Fax
So I ended up faxing the document.
Is there any way to check that the document was correctly received ?

I have linked my PR card request with my GCKey account.
Will I see my faxed document arriving there when it's received ?

Thanks

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

When I landed last week I had no address, so I was given a paper to communicate my permanent address later to receive my PR card.
  • PR card Call center - every time I call it's busy and it closes the call without giving me the opportunity to talk to anyone
  • Fax

Thanks
What happened to your request to send the PR card to a kind of POBOX like UPS which are real addresses, you mentioned earlier?

Vince8

Jan 31, 2017
What happened to your request to send the PR card to a kind of POBOX like UPS which are real addresses, you mentioned earlier?
According to my researches, it's doable, you could rent a box at an UPS store, some people did it with success.
On my case I have a real address, but it makes no difference. Communicating it to IRCC is the issue.

icekiwi

Apr 29, 2020
I'm having the same issue, if someone can help me out, that would be great.
I landed in early August, Since then I'm trying to submit my address to get my PR card, the wed site can't seem to find my application and I was unable to "link" my PR card application.
I have sent 2 inquires in the last month with no response.

what's the best way to deal with this problem? I kinda need my PR card.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I landed in early August, Since then I'm trying to submit my address to get my PR card, the wed site can't seem to find my application and I was unable to "link" my PR card application.

The website only works for PR card renewal or replacement, not for 1st time PR card. At last page, that is clearly stated -

• At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
    • applied for a permanent resident card (replacement or renewal);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship);
    • applied for Canadian citizenship for a person adopted by a Canadian citizen (on or after January 1, 1947);
    • applied for a citizenship certificate (proof of Canadian citizenship);
    • applied to renounce Canadian citizenship; or
    • applied to resume Canadian citizenship.
The only way to be sure that your address is up to date is to call IRCC

Reactions: Buho09

Kitchener007

Star Member
Jun 22, 2021
Hi,
My friend is coming to Canada as a new permanent resident. what are the documents required to be shown at immigration as a first landing in Canada?

Vince8

Jan 31, 2017
The website only works for PR card renewal or replacement, not for 1st time PR card. At last page, that is clearly stated -

• At this time, you may use this on-line service if you have:
    • sponsored a member of the family class;
    • applied for permanent residence from within or outside Canada;
There different websites.
This one is supposed to work and is recommended to use by the immigration officer when activating PR at the airport.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

Step 1 – Check if you can change your address online
You can use the online service if:

• your case is being processed in Canada
  • your address is in Canada
  • you must also have either:
    • applied for a Permanent Resident Card

@icekiwi: I was able to link my PR card application to the IRCC Entry Express profile, but it doesn't help, you can't do any action or upload any document.
I'm not even sure it will reflect any update (like PR card produced and sent).

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
There different websites.
This one is supposed to work and is recommended to use by the immigration officer when activating PR at the airport.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/change-address.html

Step 1 – Check if you can change your address online
You can use the online service if:

• your case is being processed in Canada
  • your address is in Canada
  • you must also have either:
    • applied for a Permanent Resident Card

@icekiwi: I was able to link my PR card application to the IRCC Entry Express profile, but it doesn't help, you can't do any action or upload any document.
I'm not even sure it will reflect any update (like PR card produced and sent).
Even if you start from here, you will end up at same page and in the end encounter the same error which I mentioned earlier.

Vince8

Jan 31, 2017
Even if you start from here, you will end up at same page and in the end encounter the same error which I mentioned earlier.
It might depend on the next options chosen, but no, I never end up seeing the restriction you're referring to:
Also, as I said a week ago only the immigration officer told me I should be able to use the website.
So I think it's a technical issue or maybe our files are not yet in the system, which is why it does not find us.

Anyway... what are the alternatives....
Calling? Well I've already tried 10 times at different moment of the day, it always says there are no agent available and then hangs up - you cannot wait online for an agent...
Fax ? Yes... that's old school and nothing tells you they arrived at destination.

I'm nearly thinking going to an airport trying to talk to an immigration agent.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi to all. My Parents landed a month back, At airport they gave my address for delivery of PR card, today received message from mp that ircc says that your parents Canadian mailing address is not on their record to send PR card. Is it because we have not updated my parents Canadian address in their ecas? And just to provide address at landing is not enough? Highly appreciate your insights and knowledge of the matter. Thanks and regards

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi to all. My Parents landed a month back, At airport they gave my address for delivery of PR card, today received message from mp that ircc says that your parents Canadian mailing address is not on their record to send PR card. Is it because we have not updated my parents Canadian address in their ecas? And just to provide address at landing is not enough? Highly appreciate your insights and knowledge of the matter. Thanks and regards
Any one there

Mashathebear

Mar 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2022
Hello!

• Fax

Thanks
HELLO VINCE,
Please tell me how you solved the PR card problem. Did you call ? submit a web form ? went to the airport to a CBSA agent?
Thanks for your help

Mashathebear

Mar 11, 2022
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-10-2022

Hello @icekiwi @Vince8
Please tell me how you solved the PR card problem.
The agent at the airport told me to submit my address through the link online but it's still not working.
I was able to link my PR card application but I am sure there is no physical address there to send anything through the mail.
Did you call ? submit a web form ? went to the airport to a CBSA agent?
Thanks for your help