+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGP 2018. Officer did not activate the PR landing for my mother?

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
My parents landed and got their stamped coprs. They both were able to get the SIN and health cards as well for both of them.

But while we tried to link her PR card application, only my dad's (principal applicant) showed as PR card submitted with a document number. We called cic to make sure they have the current address for PR card, and disappointed that the officer at airport (who was very friendly and helpful btw) did not update their address that they gave during landing.

Shockingly the ircc rep said that only the principal applicant shows as landed and my mom shows no record of landing, even tho we have the signed and stamped copr client copies. That's why we can't link her pr card application. She also said until they fix it, pr card will not get processed, she said give it a couple of weeks business days maybe the officer will eventually correct it. But my mom still has a week left on her copr to expire, so we asked what if we go back there and get it fixed since it's only been a few days. For that she said I don't know if cbsa will allow them to go inside.

But we did, they went back to the airport and explained it to CBSA. We called cbsa prior to this and they said ohh it's no big deal, just go back there and say officer made a mistake and get it sorted out. Once they went there, they took them to the ircc office in terminal 3, but made them wait outside while he took the passport and client copy, boarding pass, gl came back within 3 mins and said it's all done, you're good to go. You can go home and check your status.

Unfortunately when they came back home and checked nothing got updated. While checking the passport, this officer made another mistake by processing her expired pr visa that was in her passport issued during covid travel restrictions. The next page has the correct current pr visa.

This is exhausting that they officers are so incompetent like that. My parents are going to go back there this week and get it sorted out during day time at the port of entry..

Has anyone experienced this before?

TLDR: Dependent Copr not activated by officers negligence

Last edited:

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
My parents landed and got their stamped coprs. They both were able to get the SIN and health cards as well for both of them.

But while we tried to link her PR card application, only my dad's (principal applicant) showed as PR card submitted with a document number. We called cic to make sure they have the current address for PR card, and disappointed that the officer at airport (who was very friendly and helpful btw) did not update their address that they gave during landing.

Shockingly the ircc rep said that only the principal applicant shows as landed and my mom shows no record of landing, even tho we have the signed and stamped copr client copies. That's why we can't link her pr card application. She also said until they fix it, pr card will not get processed, she said give it a couple of weeks business days maybe the officer will eventually correct it. But my mom still has a week left on her copr to expire, so we asked what if we go back there and get it fixed since it's only been a few days. For that she said I don't know if cbsa will allow them to go inside.

But we did, they went back to the airport and explained it to CBSA. We called cbsa prior to this and they said ohh it's no big deal, just go back there and say officer made a mistake and get it sorted out. Once they went there, they took them to the ircc office in terminal 3, but made them wait outside while he took the passport and client copy, boarding pass, gl came back within 3 mins and said it's all done, you're good to go. You can go home and check your status.

Unfortunately when they came back home and checked nothing got updated. While checking the passport, this officer made another mistake by processing her expired pr visa that was in her passport issued during covid travel restrictions. The next page has the correct current pr visa.

This is exhausting that they officers are so incompetent like that. My parents are going to go back there this week and get it sorted out during day time at the port of entry..

It happens. CBSA have a mix of full-time permanent officers, with part time and temporary workers including university students that are working there for extra money while going to university. That being said, some have more experience with processing of immigration documents than others. You need to give the systems some time to update. CBSA information is updated in the system, and depending on the fields updated... It can have a couple of days time delay before it shows in the IRCC system. As long as the COPR is stamped showing landed, and CBSA has updated the system, you should not have anything to worry about... Just have the inconvenience of delays in getting the PR card request in.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Did they get Health card right away? I remember there used to be a 3months wait or something to apply OHIP card.
Some have 3 month wait, and others that apply (ie: under refugee or Ukraine CUAET as example) have it immediately. It depends on how they land.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Some have 3 month wait, and others that apply (ie: under refugee or Ukraine CUAET as example) have it immediately. It depends on how they land.
Ontario has waived the three-month waiting period for all eligible (or at least for new PRs) since the beginning of covid. I don't know whether the treatment for refugees or other categories you refer to is covered by this practice or some other stipulation under law/regs.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Ontario has waived the three-month waiting period for all eligible (or at least for new PRs) since the beginning of covid. I don't know whether the treatment for refugees or other categories you refer to is covered by this practice or some other stipulation under law/regs.
Good point, I was not sure if it was OHIP or BCMed (YYZ or YVR). :)

red_bird08

Feb 29, 2020

This same thing happened to me. Now my PR card shows date of landing as 15th August, the day I went to the airport instead of 12th August when my CoPR was stamped. I am confused whether to ammend my PR card now or not?

Toona

Jun 22, 2022
During my COPR landing, the custom officer did a mistake. He forgot to stamp my COPR. And the PR card has not been processed because if his mistake. It's been 2 and a half months of landing and IRCC informed recently this all happened. And I am waiting for their further updates. It is exhausting for sure.