+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving Study Permit within canada

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
I am student already in Canada ( Came here on a visitor visa with a family exemption). My study visa (S1) was issued to my passport a month ago and I sent a webform requesting my study permit be mailed to me so I can get a SIN and start working but I havent heard anything since. Has anyone done this as well? Usually study permits are issued at the border upon arrival but I wont be going and coming back anytime soon.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
I am student already in Canada ( Came here on a visitor visa with a family exemption). My study visa (S1) was issued to my passport a month ago and I sent a webform requesting my study permit be mailed to me so I can get a SIN and start working but I havent heard anything since. Has anyone done this as well? Usually study permits are issued at the border upon arrival but I wont be going and coming back anytime soon.
You will receive your SP through mail

mohmedsajid

Jan 8, 2016
when did you request for study permit? I did the same thing on 29th Jan 2021 but till now waiting for the study permit

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
when did you request for study permit? I did the same thing on 29th Jan 2021 but till now waiting for the study permit
Damnnn, I submitted the webform requesting the study permit March 1. I called IRCC and they said it could take 1-2 months to be sent by mail.....

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
I know but by when? I submitted the request to send by mail almost 2 months ago.
Did you receive an email that it was approved already? You should get one and it will say something like:

A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact IRCC .

It should arrive in the mail in about a month.

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
Did you receive an email that it was approved already? You should get one and it will say something like:

A secure document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks, contact IRCC .

It should arrive in the mail in about a month.
Nope I havent received that email yet. and calling the IRCC doesnt speed up the process. I even sent another web form to inquire about the procedure and havent received a reply on the webform. Anything else I can do? I am thinking to drive to the US border and try to get the study permit issued from there as its usually issued at the border or upon arrival in the airport.

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
I did this back in 2019, it took about a week to be mailed to me, I believe you have done the correct steps in taking the webform to get it mailed to you, if that fails you could always try to call them.

lysanora

Oct 15, 2020
I did this back in 2019, it took about a week to be mailed to me, I believe you have done the correct steps in taking the webform to get it mailed to you, if that fails you could always try to call them.
This is not "renewing" a study permit, this is a new COVID-19 Related measure where they send you the first study permit within Canada for those who are already in Canada. Its been in effect since Oct 2020. I really wish it was a 2 week process :(

Callumjee

Jun 6, 2019
This is not "renewing" a study permit, this is a new COVID-19 Related measure where they send you the first study permit within Canada for those who are already in Canada. Its been in effect since Oct 2020. I really wish it was a 2 week process :(
Yes I know. I didnt renew a study permit, it was my first one, they have always been able to mail it to you. They will, but it takes time

Shalini.kar87

May 27, 2021
Have you received it yet? I submitted my webform on April 7. Please update

Shalini.kar87

May 27, 2021
Nope I havent received that email yet. and calling the IRCC doesnt speed up the process. I even sent another web form to inquire about the procedure and havent received a reply on the webform. Anything else I can do? I am thinking to drive to the US border and try to get the study permit issued from there as its usually issued at the border or upon arrival in the airport.
Are we allowed to drive to the border?