+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving PR Cards to Third Party Addresses (Inland Applicants)

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
I am an inland applicant who landed through the US/CANADA border via land. I have used a third party postal address for the IRCC to post PR Card to (this is my immigration consultant's address). Main reason was my current address is temporary and does not have a protected Post Box.

I recently saw that some people got caught by using a third party addresses to receive their PR cards, documents, correspondence, etc.

Ref1: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/pei-immigration-pnp-provincial-nominee-fraud-1.4659072

Ref2 : https://www.theguardian.pe.ca/news/local/court-documents-show-investigators-believed-permanent-residency-cards-mailed-to-motel-for-people-who-didnt-live-there-210581/

I am sure 100s of people might have used my consultant's address as their mailing address as well to receive correspondence although the residential address is different (i.e. would have been their actual residential address, as similar case as mine).

With the above information, I got panicked a bit and immediately called up the CIC. The agent verified that while the PR renewal or replacement can only be sent to your residential address in Canada, I can use any third party address to receive my first PR card. This put me at ease.

My question is this. According to the agent I can use a third party address. Then why there were issues to some of the people who used the third party address in the ref1 and 2 new story?

sj1234567

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
CBSA is trying to track down people who are claiming to live in Canada while they are actually abroad. Above stories are related to such frauds.
Thanks for the reply. So this means that me using my consultant's mailing address to get my first PR card posted should not cause any problems to me in the future? (I have a separate Canadian residential address).

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Thanks for the reply. So this means that me using my consultant's mailing address to get my first PR card posted should not cause any problems to me in the future? (I have a separate Canadian residential address).
It shouldn't. CIC sent my PR cards to office address of an immigration firm in Toronto even though I told them at the time of soft landing that I will provide address later.

Reactions: sj1234567