+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving PR card

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dears, I am provincial nominee. I am going to go to Saskatchewan to receive my PR card. Currently I do not want to settle there. I think to do it next year. How many days are needed to accomplish all immigration paper works in Saskatchewan. Can I give my friend address in Saskachevan for sending PR cards to him and he will send it to me?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Regardless of your nomination you would complete your landing at the first POE into Canada and although no idea where you are from possibly unlikely a direct flight into Saskatchewan from outside Canada unless from the US so the POE would be a transit airport.

At the POE your COPR would be processed and your PR card application processed into the system. Once your PR card application is in the system all you need to do then is apply for a SIN which you can do at a Service Canada location when you get to your destination in Saskatchewan.

As far as immigration is concerned you would then be done given if you have no intention of residing in Saskatchewan no point in sorting out health care or driving licence.

For the PR card sure you can give friends address and they can mail or courier to you, which could be 6-8 weeks post landing.

Reactions: mushej

mushej

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Regardless of your nomination you would complete your landing at the first POE into Canada and although no idea where you are from possibly unlikely a direct flight into Saskatchewan from outside Canada unless from the US so the POE would be a transit airport.

At the POE your COPR would be processed and your PR card application processed into the system. Once your PR card application is in the system all you need to do then is apply for a SIN which you can do at a Service Canada location when you get to your destination in Saskatchewan.

As far as immigration is concerned you would then be done given if you have no intention of residing in Saskatchewan no point in sorting out health care or driving licence.

For the PR card sure you can give friends address and they can mail or courier to you, which could be 6-8 weeks post landing.
Thank you

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
So you have a provincial nomination from Saskatchewan, but you have not intention of settling there? The reason that provincial nominations are given is so the person can at least make an effort to live and work there (at first).