+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving I.T.A before getting the WES Report: Are there any Issues?

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
A friend of mine had paid for his WES report (the reference number issued after paying is usually the same as the final wes report#). So he used the reference number to create his express entry profile and put a random date of the report. Shortly afterwards, he received ITA and the WES report finally came in before the submission deadline (with the same reference number he had used). He then updated the wes report date in his profile to the correct one (this is very easy to do). However I am not sure if this could be a problem to CIC, since his WES report date comes after his ITA.

Does anyone here have REAL LIFE experience with this kind of situation? has anyone successfully done this and gotten PPR? can it lead to a rejection? Please share actual experiences here, if possible. Thanks

iamsbee

Apr 22, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-03-2017
AOR Received.
15-03-2017
This won't be a prob

sandra02

Mar 1, 2015
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
16 07 2017
Med's Done....
April 2017
A friend of mine had paid for his WES report (the reference number issued after paying is usually the same as the final wes report#). So he used the reference number to create his express entry profile and put a random date of the report. Shortly afterwards, he received ITA and the WES report finally came in before the submission deadline (with the same reference number he had used). He then updated the wes report date in his profile to the correct one (this is very easy to do). However I am not sure if this could be a problem to CIC, since his WES report date comes after his ITA.

Does anyone here have REAL LIFE experience with this kind of situation? has anyone successfully done this and gotten PPR? can it lead to a rejection? Please share actual experiences here, if possible. Thanks
WES is sent to the IRCC directly, so they easily can check the date when it was really issued. The reference number that you get after payment is not the same then the reference number of the ECA.
So it is risky, but you can have luck also.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
WES is sent to the IRCC directly, so they easily can check the date when it was really issued. The reference number that you get after payment is not the same then the reference number of the ECA.
So it is risky, but you can have luck also.
Hi, thanks for your input; Just to let you know, the reference number after payment is actually the same as the report number, sometimes they just include IMM at the end of the number, but the digits are exactly the same, you are free to double check yours. Anyway I hope it all goes well for my friend then

mihirparker

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-05-2017
AOR Received.
09-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017

Hi, please verify the dates of completion of WES report and the date your friend received ITA, if WES report date is even one day later after ITA, it can lead to rejection and misrepresentation, please do ask around this forum a bit before submitting the application, there would be experts who could help, good luck

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017

It is wrong, unethical and a lie. If caught or reported be ready to be banned for 5 years (or probably life) from entering Canada. Honesty is more valuable than you think it is.

Reactions: wan11knu

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Hi, please verify the dates of completion of WES report and the date your friend received ITA, if WES report date is even one day later after ITA, it can lead to rejection and misrepresentation, please do ask around this forum a bit before submitting the application, there would be experts who could help, good luck

Hi, thanks for your rely, please do you know of any real life example (not speculation), where the applicant got rejected and accused of misrepresentation?

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
It is wrong, unethical and a lie. If caught or reported be ready to be banned for 5 years (or probably life) from entering Canada. Honesty is more valuable than you think it is.
Hi, thanks for you input, but do you know of an actual situation where an applicant was banned for 5 years for doing this?

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
It is clearly misrepresentation and unethical to do such a thing. Everyone can predict ref numbers etc but this is why IRCC clearly says to have your IELTS and ECA done before you enter the pool.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
It is misrepresentation. You may not find real cases because most don't risk this.

It is a plain misrepresentation because your friend claimed a Canadian equivalent for foreign education by himself before an actual authority did evaluation, and you also took undue advantage over other applicants who are waiting for the report.

It is not hard to catch at all. Better to avoid this.

LalluBhaiya

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Hi, thanks for you input, but do you know of an actual situation where an applicant was banned for 5 years for doing this?
Again the question is not whether someone did this and did not get caught or got caught, the point is that it was wrong and punishable per CIC rules. I am sure there are criminals and murderers in this world who got away from law but will you become a criminal just because someone got away? What you did is wrong, whether you will get caught or get away is immaterial.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Since some applicant are aware that the WES reference number and the ECA number only differs by IMM at the end so they abuse the process. IRCC clearly states:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Before you start
Before you fill out your profile, find out if you’re eligible under a federal program that is part of Express Entry. You’ll need to:

• take a language test.
  • get an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) if you were educated outside Canada
    • This is not mandatory if:
      • you have at least one year of recent work experience in Canada OR
      • your work experience is in a skilled trade (skilled manual work)
    • if you don’t need them assessed, you may want to do so anyway to increase your score and chances of being invited to apply
  • find out if your work experience is valid. Check the National Occupational Classification (NOC) to learn the skill type of:
    • your current work experience
    • the job you plan to have in Canada (if they’re different)
Now, if WES decides to change the format on how they assign numbers, the applicant will be in big trouble. Also, there is violation of the rule on the face of it.

There are many thieves who never get caught, but the day one is caught, it is only him who faces the repercussions

A few weeks will not matter, especially in one of your most important decisions of your life.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
Again the question is not whether someone did this and did not get caught or got caught, the point is that it was wrong and punishable per CIC rules. I am sure there are criminals and murderers in this world who got away from law but will you become a criminal just because someone got away? What you did is wrong, whether you will get caught or get away is immaterial.
I understand your point, but my reason for asking is to see if CIC really finds this to be an issue or not, i think likening it to murderers etc is a bit of an exaggeration. The WES document is not fabricated, just that the dates were wrong (only before ITA), he updated it before submitting to CIC. The certificate from WES is still as expected, the credential evaluation is still the same (the submitted document is easily verifiable by WES)

In my application, I had made a simple human error in my profile (in my degree category), and I had already gotten my ITA when I noticed it, I just updated it before submitting my application, I was not rejected, nor was i banned; my application as approved. This situation is different from my friends own, but my point is that, changing something in your profile doesn't automatically make a person a criminal, CIC must know this.

LizzyBob

Nov 26, 2015
NOC Code......
It is misrepresentation. You may not find real cases because most don't risk this.

It is a plain misrepresentation because your friend claimed a Canadian equivalent for foreign education by himself before an actual authority did evaluation, and you also took undue advantage over other applicants who are waiting for the report.

It is not hard to catch at all. Better to avoid this.
Thanks for your input