+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Receiving first PR card after landing

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Apologies if there's a separate thread for this already.
According to the IRCC website it currently takes just over 30 days to receive PR card after landing (FSW-O).
Is this accurate? Anyone who landed in April can confirm this?

Also, are there any email updates sent out when the card is posted or something?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Apologies if there's a separate thread for this already.
According to the IRCC website it currently takes just over 30 days to receive PR card after landing (FSW-O).
Is this accurate? Anyone who landed in April can confirm this?

Also, are there any email updates sent out when the card is posted or something?
Link pr card using steps here - https://askkubeir.com/pr-card-application/

you can track status of your pr card on GCKey thereafter.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Thanks!
It looks like IRCC website is down but I will try it again later :)

Yeah, I'm following that thread but it's mainly focused on PR card renewals and according to IRCC timelines, they have a much longer processing time.

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I tried linking my application but I keep getting an error saying that it can't find matching applications (I tried multiple times my and my wife's UCI, triple checked spelling etc.)
Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I tried linking my application but I keep getting an error saying that it can't find matching applications (I tried multiple times my and my wife's UCI, triple checked spelling etc.)
Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait.
For outlanders, many times the Canadian address provided during immigration is not updated on file and hence even if your PR card is printed, IRCC is unable to ship. I suggest you do not wait and call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages.

You can ask PR card application no. (starts with "R") to the agent and then try to link it to GCKey using "Link using application number" option.

Please note, they wont tell your spouse's details to you. Your spouse will have to ask them separately.

Reactions: AndyUK

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
I suggest you do not wait and call IRCC at 1 (888) 242-2100 . When you call IRCC, It will ask you for the UCI , press 2 i.e. no UCI available and then as soon as the message for AF and UK refugees start playing press 3 3 0 in quick succession you will be able to reach them. The real deal is - don't wait to hear out the refugee messages.
I tried this but I just kept getting a message that all agents are busy. However, I selected option 1, provided UCI, and after going through a few options I could either wait 30 min for an agent or request a callback. I did the latter and they did call me back within 30 min.

Both cards were apparently processed and sent within 18 days (I could also get all info for my wife's card) but unfortunately IRCC messed up the address and put a wrong unit number (7 instead of 1) so I have to check with the neighbor if they received our cards or wait for them to be returned (IRCC won't do anything for 6 weeks), or request new ones if these went missing. So frustrating...

For anyone who recently landed - the good news is that the cards are being issued very quickly. Bad news - call IRCC and check if they definitely have the correct details!

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
I tried this but I just kept getting a message that all agents are busy. However, I selected option 1, provided UCI, and after going through a few options I could either wait 30 min for an agent or request a callback. I did the latter and they did call me back within 30 min.

Both cards were apparently processed and sent within 18 days (I could also get all info for my wife's card) but unfortunately IRCC messed up the address and put a wrong unit number (7 instead of 1) so I have to check with the neighbor if they received our cards or wait for them to be returned (IRCC won't do anything for 6 weeks), or request new ones if these went missing. So frustrating...

For anyone who recently landed - the good news is that the cards are being issued very quickly. Bad news - call IRCC and check if they definitely have the correct details!
Yep, as I mentioned earlier, there is high probability that your address is captured incorrectly. I experienced a similar issue, even if the address was correct, the cards were returned to IRCC as the address was marked as undeliverable. It was so weird as I was receiving other mails without any issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndyUK

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
Yep, as I mentioned earlier, there is high probability that your address is captured incorrectly. I experienced a similar issue, even if the address was correct, the cards were returned to IRCC as the address was marked as undeliverable. I was so weird as I was receiving other mails without any issue.
We've just checked with our neighbor and he actually put the envelopes in the mailroom, so we now have our PR cards :) :)
Still, what a bloody mess.