+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Someone Else's Permanent Resident Card

Ovenn

Jan 5, 2022
Hello, I recently received in the mail someone else's Permanent Resident card (I am a Canadian Citizen). The address on the envelope and letter inside are mine, but the name is not, nor is there anybody with the name or appearance on the card living here. I have tried searching online, but I cannot find how to contact Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada about this mistake. I am going to try the IRCC Call Center at 1-888-242-2100 tomorrow. Is there any other action I should take?

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
Hello, I recently received in the mail someone else's Permanent Resident card (I am a Canadian Citizen). The address on the envelope and letter inside are mine, but the name is not, nor is there anybody with the name or appearance on the card living here. I have tried searching online, but I cannot find how to contact Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada about this mistake. I am going to try the IRCC Call Center at 1-888-242-2100 tomorrow. Is there any other action I should take?
Could this be for previous tenants? PR card initial or renewal is sometimes a lengthy process, and can take several months and sometimes longer. If you have moved to this address relatively recently, as a courtesy to previous tenants, I would try to contact them to see if this is their PR card...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

1. Just drop it in a mail box with "Not at this Address, Return" on it. That's all you have to do.