+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received request for military service details from CIC

xinajenaj

Dec 27, 2011
Hi! May I know which form do you guys completed for the Military Table?

I received a request for additional info with regards to my military service. And on the letter it says it will be sent via email.

But I didn’t receive any email or form from IRCC?

Do you guys know where should I get or request it?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Fergie_shalom

Jan 5, 2021
Hi guys,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Today, I received a request letter from the donotreply@cic.gc.ca. After reading the letter I got a bit confused.

The request letter says:

Dear F.S,

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

Ø My UCI number – F.S (my full name):

Ø Please provide Details of Military Service Table, IMM5446 form. This must be received at this office by: 2021/06/15

Firstly, I thought they want my husband to fill out the form and submit it, and then reading it carefully I got confused thinking they might be asking about me?!

I am the main applicant, and my spouse is a dependent. I have never served in the army, but my husband did. In the application form, he mentioned it and gave detailed information about his mandatory military service.

Another confusing thing is the form IMM5446 form that they are asking me to provide; I could not find it on the internet, instead, I found IMM5546 "DETAILS OF MILITARY SERVICE": https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5546e.pdf

Did they make a typo or there is a form IMM5446? What am I supposed to do?

Best,

F.S

FayRe

Mar 2, 2021
Hi guys,

I hope everyone is doing well.

Today, I received a request letter from the donotreply@cic.gc.ca. After reading the letter I got a bit confused.

The request letter says:

Dear F.S,

Thank you for your interest in Canada.

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:

Ø My UCI number – F.S (my full name):

Ø Please provide Details of Military Service Table, IMM5446 form. This must be received at this office by: 2021/06/15

Firstly, I thought they want my husband to fill out the form and submit it, and then reading it carefully I got confused thinking they might be asking about me?!

I am the main applicant, and my spouse is a dependent. I have never served in the army, but my husband did. In the application form, he mentioned it and gave detailed information about his mandatory military service.

Another confusing thing is the form IMM5446 form that they are asking me to provide; I could not find it on the internet, instead, I found IMM5546 "DETAILS OF MILITARY SERVICE": https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5546e.pdf

Did they make a typo or there is a form IMM5446? What am I supposed to do?

Best,

F.S
Hi F.S! I am no expert here but I think it might be the best if you provide IMM5546 form (for your spouse) along with 1. a certified copy of your spouse's military records + translation as a supporting document, a few other posts have mentioned about this document, search in the forum with "military records"; 2. a LOE that you never served any military service yourself.

It's a very tight time frame though, so focus on that IMM5546 form they requested, and write a LOE for yourself.

Quick question, do you mind sharing with us if your husband did the mandatory military service over 10 years ago, or within recent 10 years? Did he fill out all the information requested in the MyCIC application form?

Fergie_shalom

Jan 5, 2021
Hi F.S! I am no expert here but I think it might be the best if you provide IMM5546 form (for your spouse) along with 1. a certified copy of your spouse's military records + translation as a supporting document, a few other posts have mentioned about this document, search in the forum with "military records"; 2. a LOE that you never served any military service yourself.

It's a very tight time frame though, so focus on that IMM5546 form they requested, and write a LOE for yourself.

Quick question, do you mind sharing with us if your husband did the mandatory military service over 10 years ago, or within recent 10 years? Did he fill out all the information requested in the MyCIC application form?
Hi,

Thanks for your response! I talked to the IRCC agent this morning, and she said that the letter was addressed to me, not my spouse. She recommended writing an LOE and give information that I had never been involved in the army and my spouse did. She said if he had already given detailed information about his military service no need to redo it.

So I'll keep it simple and send only LOE.

He served in the army from 2012-2013 which was mandatory.

Best,
F.S

Deepavali

Oct 20, 2021
I was petting scorpions in the desert, literally.

But many thanks I searched old threads and a few people said they didn't remember and it was alright i guess
Hi,
My dad got PR invitation from family sponsor. He also don’t remember couple of details from his military service. How did you filled the form and LOE. It will be useful
Thanks

Navuu09

Apr 19, 2023
Hi! May I know which form do you guys completed for the Military Table?

I received a request for additional info with regards to my military service. And on the letter it says it will be sent via email.

But I didn’t receive any email or form from IRCC?

Do you guys know where should I get or request it?

Please advise.

Thank you!
Hi dear!!! Just wanna ask you? Did they approve your visa after you submit the requested documents?

D

Deleted member 981115

Hi Yiso! I am in the exact same situation and was wondering what would happen if they asked for it. Can you please let me know what happened with your application?

Did your application pass.

I have a similar case myself, where I didn't attend mandatory military draft as I was studying outside my country of citizenship. I have two pieces of paper that show that I am exempted till I reach age 29. If I ever got this request , do you recommend attaching these two papers and LOE?

I never actually served in military so I really hope they wont ask me about it lol

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Hi, military is mandatory in my home country but I Didnt serve. I have been in Canada since 2016 when I did my bachelor’s degree here. Would that be an issue?
I'm not even sure if that is breaking the law, it might be better you consult a RCIC or even better legal (attorney) advice here, forums might not find the specific advice on your case as we might not know the laws of your country.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
I am not breaking any law as I came to Canada on a student exemption when I studied here.
If you have already applied for your PR, IRCC might come back and ask you for a exemption letter from the relevant government authority in your home country. Please refer to a more recent example in the LegalFalcon chat https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-10503144
VO is asking non-Singapore citizens to give letters from Singapore government on exemption. If the same happens to you it might delay you application. It might be worthwhile if you check if you can get such exemption letter upfront that way. That way if you have already applied for your CAN PR you can raise a webform and give the exemption letter to IRCC or if you applying the future you can attach the letter.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
If you have a exemption letter from the relevant government department of your country you shouldn't be worried even if the IRCC VO asks you can give the letter and it should suffice.

Lord_Tony

Mar 7, 2023
Toronto
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-03-2023
AOR Received.
07-05-2023
Med's Done....
15-05-2023
VISA ISSUED...
15-12-2023
Yes should be fine I guess as long as you are not 28 yet and won't turn 28 in the next year or so when your PR application is in process

Ovnyk

Jun 18, 2021
Guys, maybe somebody can help me to fill out the IMM5546 form. My partner is serving in army right now, but we cannot disclose all the data, that they requested, what to do?
There is a war in my country, and some information is classified as secret