+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received request for medical exam, but no AOR

cms_phys

Sep 23, 2022
Hello, I received a request to do a medical exam, but I still haven't received my Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Is this normal? It looks like on the spreadsheet most people receive them at the same time, or get the medical exam request a little later.

James Lyrie-Stewart

Star Member
Jan 13, 2013
It's normal. If you got MR, it means you got the permanent file number starting with F. The whole reason why getting AOR is the first major step is that you get the permanent file number. Now you have it in the MR letter so AOR is no longer a concern for you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I received a request to do a medical exam, but I still haven't received my Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR). Is this normal? It looks like on the spreadsheet most people receive them at the same time, or get the medical exam request a little later.
Quite unusual. Did you look at your spam folder?

MerLrx

Jun 10, 2022
I thought that was my issue but I found out that my partner ( the sponsor ) had the AOR days before the medical request sent to me.

I wouldsuggest asking ur partner about anemail or check their email for them because my partner missed the AOR

cms_phys

Sep 23, 2022
It's normal. If you got MR, it means you got the permanent file number starting with F. The whole reason why getting AOR is the first major step is that you get the permanent file number. Now you have it in the MR letter so AOR is no longer a concern for you.
Thanks for responding. However, this AOR is still a concern for me because I need it to be able to apply for a work permit -- it is one of the documents required.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks for responding. However, this AOR is still a concern for me because I need it to be able to apply for a work permit -- it is one of the documents required.
AOR usually goes to sponsor. Did your sponsor use a different email address?

cms_phys

Sep 23, 2022
AOR usually goes to sponsor. Did your sponsor use a different email address?
So, he did get an email saying "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada", but I was expecting to get some kind of document. Can we just use a print out of this email?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
So, he did get an email saying "This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada", but I was expecting to get some kind of document. Can we just use a print out of this email?
If that email includes an application number starting with 'F' then it's the AOR email.

italiano1987

May 28, 2012
I'm exactly in the same situation! Sent my sponsorship application for my wife exactly 8 days ago. Today she received an email for a medical exam, and at the same time I received the one mentioned above. But nothing in the wording of "AOR" or acknowledgment whatsoever. Application number starting with F is there, and instructions on how to check the application. But she's in the same situation as she has to apply for a open work permit which required an AOR.

henrik_12345

Sep 19, 2022
I'm exactly in the same situation! Sent my sponsorship application for my wife exactly 8 days ago. Today she received an email for a medical exam, and at the same time I received the one mentioned above. But nothing in the wording of "AOR" or acknowledgment whatsoever. Application number starting with F is there, and instructions on how to check the application. But she's in the same situation as she has to apply for a open work permit which required an AOR.
Yes that's the one, It doesn't say AOR.