+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received removal order in 2 months from today's interview with CBSA.

SeriousTart

Mar 13, 2019
Hi, I recieved a letter from CBSA for a removal order which is in force on Oct 25, 2019.

I applied for Refugee Claimant sometime in 2016, was rejected and appealed sometime in 2018. Then the appeal was denied in early 2019 and was followed with a federal court case which was also denied sometime mid
September 2019.

During this process, my common law partner and I lived together and decided to apply for sponsorship (met my partner in 2017). The sponsorship application was submitted on Sept 30, 2019 and received on Oct 2, 2019. Then I received the letter from CBSA on Oct 25 probably due to the federal court case being dismissed.

I just came back today from the interview and they said I have exhausted all available options in order to stay. They gave me 2 months* (until Jan 15, 2020) to leave Canada. And until Nov 15, 2019 to submit an itinerary in person for the departure. I asked whether the sponsorship application being submitted will have an effect on this and they said it does not stop a removal order. However, they also said that "right now, you have a removal order, but things can change from now until then - possibly the result from sponsorship". Which seemed a little bit gray. She also said normally people are given only 3-4 weeks, but considering the fact that I've lived in Canada since I was 8, and for 16 years, she said she is willing to give me a months (at this point she kept saying that she was supposed to finish work, but ended up working past her shift - so she seemed to start to get frustrated with how long my interview was taking).

What should I do? What can I do? If I recieved a letter that my sponsorship is in process, can I submit this to CBSA and ask to defer removal order for a later date?

Thank you for your time

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment as well but given your precarious situation possibly better to consult an immigration lawyer for professional advice rather than a public forum. You could get plenty of 'amateur' advice here but would only be speculation on any outcome .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is a huge piece of the story missing if you have been in Canada for 16 years. Agree consult a lawyer but spousal sponsorship doesn’t mean that a removal isn’t possible.

Manj96

Sep 25, 2019
Hi, I recieved a letter from CBSA for a removal order which is in force on Oct 25, 2019.

I applied for Refugee Claimant sometime in 2016, was rejected and appealed sometime in 2018. Then the appeal was denied in early 2019 and was followed with a federal court case which was also denied sometime mid
September 2019.

During this process, my common law partner and I lived together and decided to apply for sponsorship (met my partner in 2017). The sponsorship application was submitted on Sept 30, 2019 and received on Oct 2, 2019. Then I received the letter from CBSA on Oct 25 probably due to the federal court case being dismissed.

I just came back today from the interview and they said I have exhausted all available options in order to stay. They gave me 2 months* (until Jan 15, 2020) to leave Canada. And until Nov 15, 2019 to submit an itinerary in person for the departure. I asked whether the sponsorship application being submitted will have an effect on this and they said it does not stop a removal order. However, they also said that "right now, you have a removal order, but things can change from now until then - possibly the result from sponsorship". Which seemed a little bit gray. She also said normally people are given only 3-4 weeks, but considering the fact that I've lived in Canada since I was 8, and for 16 years, she said she is willing to give me a months (at this point she kept saying that she was supposed to finish work, but ended up working past her shift - so she seemed to start to get frustrated with how long my interview was taking).

What should I do? What can I do? If I recieved a letter that my sponsorship is in process, can I submit this to CBSA and ask to defer removal order for a later date?

Thank you for your time
Hi , I am in kinda similar boat. What did you end up doing, I am hoping you were able to get PR within remaining two months, curious what ended up happening?