+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received PPR but medical has already expired

gesi

Jun 10, 2018
I just received the PPR email but our medicals have already expired. There is no mention of CIC asking us to take another medical in the PPR email. Also, while waiting for the PPR we have visited our home country again. Does this mean that they'll ask for both a new medical AND a PCC again? Does anyone has a similar experience?

Thanks in advance!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I just received the PPR email but our medicals have already expired. There is no mention of CIC asking us to take another medical in the PPR email. Also, while waiting for the PPR we have visited our home country again. Does this mean that they'll ask for both a new medical AND a PCC again? Does anyone has a similar experience?

Thanks in advance!
Visa officers have to ability to request that the medical validity period is extended. It depends on a number of factors and is not automatically approved. What it may mean for you is that when you do get the COPR, you may have only a very short validity period and will have to "land" fast.

Reactions: gesi

gesi

Jun 10, 2018
Visa officers have to ability to request that the medical validity period is extended. It depends on a number of factors and is not automatically approved. What it may mean for you is that when you do get the COPR, you may have only a very short validity period and will have to "land" fast.
Thanks, any idea about the PCC?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thanks, any idea about the PCC?
I don't think that will be a problem. It's unlikely that it will be requested.

Reactions: gesi

mrehanraza

Jun 10, 2016

Thanks in advance!
Hi there,
May i know what is your current status because mine case is just like yours.I have received PPR but my medical has already been expired, although i have sent my passports.Will appreciate your response.
Regards

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there,
May i know what is your current status because mine case is just like yours.I have received PPR but my medical has already been expired, although i have sent my passports.Will appreciate your response.
Regards
Your medicals were extended. Otherwise, new meds would have been requested already.

Reactions: mrehanraza

Hafsa_ahmed

Jan 3, 2018
Hi there,
Regards
I have a similar situation...i received my ppr on dec 3 2018, in which country is ur visa stamping taking place and did they request for a new medical during the stamping the process.
Thank you

colet

Jul 15, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
cpcv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-07-2010
Doc's Request.
10-2014
Med's Request
12-2014 ,06-2016
Interview........
04-06-2017
Passport Req..
03-27-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-17-2017
LANDED..........
04-06-2017
Normally, if your med are expired definitely they will request you to do another one. It is required that your med exam is valid . It is mist likely that your request will be requested sooner and at least a year validity upon your entry.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Normally, if your med are expired definitely they will request you to do another one. It is required that your med exam is valid . It is mist likely that your request will be requested sooner and at least a year validity upon your entry.
Incorrect. IRCC usually extends the medical when it expires at the end of the processing.

Reactions: Bryanna

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
It is very normal for medicals to be extended. You can find this by ordering notes or simply calling cic.

mrehanraza

Jun 10, 2016
I have a similar situation...i received my ppr on dec 3 2018, in which country is ur visa stamping taking place and did they request for a new medical during the stamping the process.
Thank you
actualy i have already get my copr aproval,london was my visa office

Aliahmad123

Jan 30, 2020
Hi there,
Regards
Hello what happen when u sent passport .?? U got the visa.??