+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received portal email while I’m outside of Canada

dumperst

Feb 26, 2021
Hi all! I received the portal email today to confirm I’m physically in Canada. However I’m outside of Canada at the moment and will be back next month.

How do I proceed with such situation? Do I need to inform CIC that I’m outside of Canada and will be back soon? Or do I just reply the email when I get back?

Anyone had similar experiences? Any inputs are appreciated!

Sichan Seong

Jun 23, 2021
Okay I will. My agency replied to confirmation portal email with answers including when the first time I enter Canada, My email address, etc.

After all. I am still waiting for the response from IRCC..

mamta44

Jun 23, 2021
Okay I will. My agency replied to confirmation portal email with answers including when the first time I enter Canada, My email address, etc.

Since how long are you waiting for portal ID email? and when your agency replied back to the IRCC email when u were still outside Canada?

blue5

Aug 13, 2021

Once portal password given via email, It says you have 7 days to declare/submit photo. Since we are outside, we cannot do that within 7 days. Did you able to use your portal after 7 days to declare that you are in Canada?

karthicktalk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2017
Once portal password given via email, It says you have 7 days to declare/submit photo. Since we are outside, we cannot do that within 7 days. Did you able to use your portal after 7 days to declare that you are in Canada?
Did the portal work after 7 days?

kamalmann7

Aug 5, 2021
Yellowknife, Northwest territory
Category........
PNP
Hi all! I received the portal email today to confirm I’m physically in Canada. However I’m outside of Canada at the moment and will be back next month.

How do I proceed with such situation? Do I need to inform CIC that I’m outside of Canada and will be back soon? Or do I just reply the email when I get back?

Anyone had similar experiences? Any inputs are appreciated!
How was everything went for you i’m in same situation right now. What is best bet to do so.?

mckenzie126

Jul 10, 2021
How was everything went for you i’m in same situation right now. What is best bet to do so.?
Hello, how did it go for you? I'm in the same situation as well (I received the portal 1 email and responded in Canada but then had to leave. I don't know how to proceed about portal 2