+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Passport Request but unable to send passport as currently out of the country

Mimi123

Feb 1, 2019
I applied for EE from Pakistan in May 2018.

In August 2018 I moved to the US for studies and updated my address, contact information with CIC. I also sent CIC scans of my US visa, Student I20 etc

In Nov 2018, I received a Passport Request letter. However, the letter stated that if I was not currently in Pakistan or Canada then I should not send my passport but email the London Office directly. I informed the London office of my situation.

It is now Feb 2019, I have not received any guideline as to where I should send my passport or what further steps I should take.

What should I do in this situation?

I should also add that my medical exam will expire in May 2019 since it is valid for only a year.

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
This is alarming. Normally you et 30days max to send passports anywhere. If you had told london visa office via email...they would have replied within 2 working days. Not sure if you missed the email.
But after 30days the offer to send passport expires and its back to square one. I really hope that is not the case with you. Please call cic and discuss your matter.

Mimi123

Feb 1, 2019
It is back to square 1?

But my online profile shows my status on IP2.

No, I did not miss any emails. After I emailed the London office they said they had received my email and that I should further update them via the webform. which I did.