+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received passport request as shown in GCMS notes

fatyma

Star Member
Apr 22, 2017
Yes I think you should apply. Not only to know about that but also the VO notes and actual status. It'll help you understand where you stand.

Regarding lists, they'll publish and keep on updating that. There's still no word/sign of PPR in portal (obviously expect one or two).
Yeah no doubt through these notes one may be satisfied to see actual status. I hope there isn't any negative effect on application especially POST AIP.

GabrielW

Aug 24, 2020
You can also get this information from your institute. They'll tell you if they have COVID readiness plan approved by the province -- I can tell for sure many universities already have that. Those provinces will be forwarding the list and the list will be continuously updated (informed by embassy in a req mail). Sooner or later your DLI will be on the list.

The wait is for IRCC to start processing second stage. Also, you'll still need a letter from the institute that your travel is for a non discretionary purpose in order to travel after approval. As some schools are complete online for winter 2021 as well.
You don't need a letter to prove u r going there for a non discretionary purpose

"The travel of asymptomatic international students who have the appropriate documents to enter Canada and whose DLI is on the list of institutions with approved COVID-19 readiness plans in place will be considered to be non-discretionary and non-optional, unless there is evidence that they are clearly coming to Canada for a discretionary or optional purpose, such as tourism."

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
You don't need a letter to prove u r going there for a non discretionary purpose

"The travel of asymptomatic international students who have the appropriate documents to enter Canada and whose DLI is on the list of institutions with approved COVID-19 readiness plans in place will be considered to be non-discretionary and non-optional, unless there is evidence that they are clearly coming to Canada for a discretionary or optional purpose, such as tourism."
Thanks for the clarification. Universities are still issuing those letters. In case anyone's traveling it's safe to have one.

ahmad jameel

Feb 6, 2020
@jigzyy can you please take a look at the quoted post and share your thoughts?

I also received GCMS notes today. The date of AIP and PPR are same in my case. Can you confirm? Also, I have a complete application (biometrics + med done).

@jigzyy can you please take a look and explain what does it means. I also received the same in notes. Also my eligibility and criminality are passed. VO notes says satisfied with plan of study and funds. IELTS, LOA, and GIC verified.

I won't probably agree. Because the date of PPR and AIP is same for me.

jigzyy

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
File Transfer...
22-07-2013
Med's Request
02-04-2014
Med's Done....
15-04-2014
Interview........
21-01-2014
Passport Req..
01-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
22-09-2014
I believe if your IELTS, LOA and GIC are verified and Eligibility says Passed AND received AIP, then you guys are fine. Just wait for the PPR to arrive any day (or month).

@jigzyy can you please take a look at the quoted post and share your thoughts?

Anonymous214

Star Member
Oct 4, 2020
I also received GCMS notes today. The date of AIP and PPR are same in my case. Can you confirm? Also, I have a complete application (biometrics + med done).

@jigzyy can you please take a look and explain what does it means. I also received the same in notes. Also my eligibility and criminality are passed. VO notes says satisfied with plan of study and funds. IELTS, LOA, and GIC verified.

I won't probably agree. Because the date of PPR and AIP is same for me.
Are you from Pakistan??? ..when you applied for visa ?.... apart from gic and tuition fees paid ,you added any other financial documents... going for master's or bachelor's