+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received passport and picture Back but no COPR

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
Hi everyone, hope you guys are staying safe.
I got my much-awaited passport back today having submitted it about 2 months ago. I was shocked to find neither CoPR nor VISA in the envelope.
Can anyone explain what's going on? Why did IRCC request for my passport if they were not going to do anything with it? I'm deeply dissatisfied. Nothing was explained.

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
My application is 16 months now and we got our passports back without visa or COPR. There is no tangible response from IRCC.

Please anyone that has received visa and COPR now should update us on the steps they took

Thank you.

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
My application is 16 months now and we got our passports back without visa or COPR. There is no tangible response from IRCC.

Please anyone that has received visa and COPR now should update us on the steps they took

Thank you.
almost the same with us. PPR 8 March, passports sent to Ottawa and returned unstamped, withour COPR neither anything else. Five month of complete limbo. IRCC is mocking at us definitely

usman1018

Jun 11, 2016
Hi guys,

I have received my COPR today (Aug 20, 2020) but no visa stamped in my passport, I am a resident of US. does anyone know what to do next? I called IRCC and agent said they might have forgotten to stamp .......

thanks,
Usman

sudhre23

Jun 1, 2020
We got an update stating that CIC would request for passports only after the US-Canada travel ban is lifted and asked us to contact us after. If anyone got some other update, please share.

willapp

Mar 20, 2020
We got an update stating that CIC would request for passports only after the US-Canada travel ban is lifted and asked us to contact us after. If anyone got some other update, please share.
Where is the update from and what’s the original wording?
They allow US residents to travel if they plan to settle but don’t issue visas to them. Makes no sense.
It

splummer

Aug 18, 2020
Hi everyone, I just spoke with a IRCC representative at the etobicoke office because just like everyone else my passport was sent back without a COPr in June. He said the reason I was not landed is because my husband and child is in another country while I am here in Canada. He was shocked when I told him they came to canada in January and he sent me an email immediately to raise a web form enquiry. I am just saying to everyone please call them, dont wait until your medical expire or wait on your consultant to call them. Take charge of your application.

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
Hi everyone, I just spoke with a IRCC representative at the etobicoke office because just like everyone else my passport was sent back without a COPr in June. He said the reason I was not landed is because my husband and child is in another country while I am here in Canada. He was shocked when I told him they came to canada in January and he sent me an email immediately to raise a web form enquiry. I am just saying to everyone please call them, dont wait until your medical expire or wait on your consultant to call them. Take charge of your application.
wondering about the thought process that you decided to call one of IRCC offices in Ontario: you should have sent passports to the CPC-Ottawa-PR office like I had, but without COPR inhand, how the local IRCC office know how to proceed? Then the local IRCC office did know the reason behind and how to proceed your case? Can you shed more light on your decision process?

splummer

Aug 18, 2020
I did sent my passport to Ottawa however I deparate and looked for every clue to get information because I waited 2 months after my passport was returned . I looked at the address that was on my letter which was etobicoke(the number just said IRCC though ). Anyway I just called the number and follow the instruction on the voicemail which said to put in my application number and my year of birth and waited then and officer came on a verified my information. He then put me on hold for awhile then came back with the information why I was not landed . He sent me a web form to upload my information then which me luck.

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
I did sent my passport to Ottawa however I deparate and looked for every clue to get information because I waited 2 months after my passport was returned . I looked at the address that was on my letter which was etobicoke(the number just said IRCC though ). Anyway I just called the number and follow the instruction on the voicemail which said to put in my application number and my year of birth and waited then and officer came on a verified my information. He then put me on hold for awhile then came back with the information why I was not landed . He sent me a web form to upload my information then which me luck.
Wow, good investigation, but what letter did you find with the local IRCC address on it? Is the letter package that IRCC returned your passports? I did not find any detail address from the correspondence with IRCC.