+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received passport and picture Back but no COPR

realmj

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Was your case at outside Canada visa office and did you receive passport request, which was sent to Ottawa after June?
yes our case was at outside Canada visa office. we got passport request and have options send to either outside office or Ottawa, and we sent to Ottawa.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
yes our case was at outside Canada visa office. we got passport request and have options send to either outside office or Ottawa, and we sent to Ottawa.
Great news, so, actually you received PR confirmation with your passport back, but passport was without visa and now you are waiting for PR card.

as263576

Aug 28, 2020
@Rangrez
I got my passport without a COPR on May 8, 2020, it has been a long wait since then. Calling them, dropping an email, web form nothing has been fruitful. I have been waiting for more than a year. I got my invitation on April 8, 2019, and submitted my PR application on May 21, 2019. Think expiry of medical was the reason. However, I did not have any letter enclosed when they returned my passport.

ya222

Feb 20, 2020
@Rangrez
I got my passport without a COPR on May 8, 2020, it has been a long wait since then. Calling them, dropping an email, web form nothing has been fruitful. I have been waiting for more than a year. I got my invitation on April 8, 2019, and submitted my PR application on May 21, 2019. Think expiry of medical was the reason. However, I did not have any letter enclosed when they returned my passport.
Congratulations guys but i dont understand why people from march and april aor and inland did not get anything yet and people in may started getting PR. I am also may 15 aor. Can you please educate me about any possible for this selective approval. And once again congratulations for almost PR

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
I did not receive passport back yet, but on mycic I noticed that they updated status to approved and there was a line with COPR information and today they updated Ecas too from decision made to complete and added the last line that the applicant entered Canada on September 21, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident. Hope to get passport back and CoPR soon :)

bluebb

Mar 27, 2020
I did not receive passport back yet, but on mycic I noticed that they updated status to approved and there was a line with COPR information and today they updated Ecas too from decision made to complete and added the last line that the applicant entered Canada on September 21, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident. Hope to get passport back and CoPR soon :)
Such a great news! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing.
I got email yesterday from the IRCC overseas office handling my case requesting the travel history of last October to present. Also, my CAS status changed back to In Process from Decision Made. Does this mean my application is reopened?

as263576

Aug 28, 2020
Are you an inland applicant?

NKR88

Nov 18, 2020
Hello,

let me explain in detail. I've received the PPR on March 3rd, then I've sent a copy of my passport (I am extent to send the real one) and pictures. IRCC received on March 9th, they immediately went back to me to ask for new pictures since the one I sent was wrong. I've sent the pictures and the received on March 17th immediately before the lockdown. I tried to raise 2 webforms to have confirmed they were good but no answer. Then I called the IRCC and they said everything is fine there is just a delay due to COVID 19. Today I received their letter back with only my passport copy and the wrong picture, no COPR inside. I don't really know what's going on

Please help me!
Hi, I am in sort of a similar boat though slightly different. Based in India...
Received Passport request on March 2, while I could not submit my passport cos of COVID and world shut down on 16th. And immediately contacted VFS once they opened their two way courier services in November. They collected my passport in December 2020 and returned it after 1.5 months without any stamp, COPR and sent photo back too. Have contacted various times and I still don't know what's the status. My medical has expired and I have received no update on extension. Any update on your profile? Also, which country are you based in?

a.adenike

Jun 15, 2020
Hi, I am in sort of a similar boat though slightly different. Based in India...
Received Passport request on March 2, while I could not submit my passport cos of COVID and world shut down on 16th. And immediately contacted VFS once they opened their two way courier services in November. They collected my passport in December 2020 and returned it after 1.5 months without any stamp, COPR and sent photo back too. Have contacted various times and I still don't know what's the status. My medical has expired and I have received no update on extension. Any update on your profile? Also, which country are you based in?
Hi, there was no response even after sending mails and webforms.
However, after three months, I got a request to send my passport to the Canadian High Commission and I am still awaiting it's return.
The reason they gave for return of passport without visa was that my medicals expired during the process.

I hope this information helps.

NKR88

Nov 18, 2020
Hi, there was no response even after sending mails and webforms.
However, after three months, I got a request to send my passport to the Canadian High Commission and I am still awaiting it's return.
The reason they gave for return of passport without visa was that my medicals expired during the process.

I hope this information helps.
Thanks for replying Adenike. Did you also miss your timeline for sharing passport with them in attempt 1 and they re-asked? Separately, they gave me no reason for now but have they asked you for a medical certificate again?

KarishmaN

Jan 18, 2021
Hi guys.. I am facing a similar situation.

I am a PR applicant from India, I got my PPR in March 2020 but because of the covid lockdown, was able to send the passport via the 2-way courier service in Dec 2020.

Today I received my passport and photos back but no CoPR or visa stamp. No letter came along as well stating the reason or next steps.

My medicals expired on July 2020.

What do you think could be the reason? I've raised a web form to IRCC but no response yet... Can someone please help me understand or share your experience?

Thanks a lot

NKR88

Nov 18, 2020
Hi guys.. I am facing a similar situation.

I am a PR applicant from India, I got my PPR in March 2020 but because of the covid lockdown, was able to send the passport via the 2-way courier service in Dec 2020.

Today I received my passport and photos back but no CoPR or visa stamp. No letter came along as well stating the reason or next steps.

My medicals expired on July 2020.

What do you think could be the reason? I've raised a web form to IRCC but no response yet... Can someone please help me understand or share your experience?

Thanks a lot
I am exactly in the same situation Karishma. Passport request in March 2020, sent passport in December 2020, returned passport without stamp and COPR and medicals expired in August ,2020. No response on webform.

KarishmaN

Jan 18, 2021
I am exactly in the same situation Karishma. Passport request in March 2020, sent passport in December 2020, returned passport without stamp and COPR and medicals expired in August ,2020. No response on webform.
So what should we do? Keep spamming them with a web form? Do we need to wait for them to send us a request to redo medicals? Or can we just go and get it done and upload it in the Portal?

Does your online application have any update? Mine just says submitted