+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received our CoPR with an expiry of June 2020 and due to deliver end of may 2020

Jan 16, 2020
Hi,

I recently received PR for me and my family (much earlier than expected) and I am now 5 months pregnant.

My due date is 31/05/2020 and our CoPRs expire on the 29/06/2020.

The agents that I applied through have told me I have 3 options; 1) I complete the landing before June and deliver in my home country, which means my newborn cannot get the PR status, 2) If we ask for an extension or present this circumstance to the IRCC, we risk losing our PR and 3) We go deliver this baby in Canada to get it a Citizenship.

Needless to say, I am not happy with any of the options. I am the primary applicant and I have recently started a new job from which I dont want to take time off. If I do, I will be taking it from my maternity break in advance to travel 6 weeks prior to the delivery and will subsequently need to leave my child at 1.5 months to return to work. Plus the cost of delivery and accommodation in Canada will be huge as at this stage no insurance will cover me for delivery. I would really like to just deliver at home, under the care of my current doctor whom I am very comfortable with and do our landing later. But I believe in that case I shall risk our PR and also not be able to add my newborn to our application. Is this correct?

Can someone who has experienced this or has any knowledge of this situation help.

Thanking you in advance.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Unfortunately those are really your options. IRCC is not likely to give an extension yet.

If your due date is before the expiry of the COPR, you could deliver, inform IRCC of the birth, and ask for the COPR to be amended to include the child. This would take a few months delay.

Reactions: sachanandani.sonika
Jan 16, 2020
Unfortunately those are really your options. IRCC is not likely to give an extension yet.

If your due date is before the expiry of the COPR, you could deliver, inform IRCC of the birth, and ask for the COPR to be amended to include the child. This would take a few months delay.
Thank you for your response. I am ok with the delay as long as we can all migrate under the same application/status. I was told by my agent that if I do not deliver in Canada, I face the consequence of my baby being stuck here without being added to our status, and thus either me or my husband having to go reside in Canada and settle there to sponsor the child. I do not wish to do that.

However, if I can declare the newborn to the CIC once I deliver (which is before my COPR expires), and wait a few months for its paperwork to be processed, I am ok with that.

jovich

Aug 10, 2019
Hi. Congratulations to you.If possible come to canada especially if your papers are already complete and give birth here. After landing make it sure you get your necessary documents ie. SIN, health card etc... and look for a family doctor. (No more concern on delivery probably it will shoulder by government) worst scenario 1) maybe you and your will still undergo 14 days quarantine upon landing. 2) you need extra savings for the meantime $$$ paying for your rent and food. Just focus what is your dream and dream to your family watever it takes. Grab any chance and opportunity. Fyi, You got your papers already and we, thousands probably millions, are still waiting to approve our papers, struggling everyday hoping for best result too. Pray and you will be enligten what decision you will made. Congrats again.

TE5

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
13-07-2019
Passport Req..
03-03-2020
LANDED..........
16-June-2020
As a permanent resident, your delivery will be free in canada. You won't have to pay anything.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi. Congratulations to you.If possible come to canada especially if your papers are already complete and give birth here. After landing make it sure you get your necessary documents ie. SIN, health card etc... and look for a family doctor. (No more concern on delivery probably it will shoulder by government) worst scenario 1) maybe you and your will still undergo 14 days quarantine upon landing. 2) you need extra savings for the meantime $$$ paying for your rent and food. Just focus what is your dream and dream to your family watever it takes. Grab any chance and opportunity. Fyi, You got your papers already and we, thousands probably millions, are still waiting to approve our papers, struggling everyday hoping for best result too. Pray and you will be enligten what decision you will made. Congrats again.
Travelling right now is not that safe, especially for a pregnant woman, and there is no "maybe" about the 14 days self isolation, so it really is not advised to travel. It is safer to just add the child to the current app and all become PRs together.

Reactions: jovich