+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

received our CoPR (inland)!!! now what?

lynnklee

May 9, 2020
Inland application...
We received CoPR and we're ecstatic! However, our information letter won't open and I have a couple of questions...

how do we get the PR card? is it just sent in the mail or do we have to provide something first?
Do we need the PR card to apply for health care card in Alberta?
does he need the card to start working or is the pr document number efficient? just trying to navigate what to do next

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Inland application...
We received CoPR and we're ecstatic! However, our information letter won't open and I have a couple of questions...

how do we get the PR card? is it just sent in the mail or do we have to provide something first?
Do we need the PR card to apply for health care card in Alberta?
does he need the card to start working or is the pr document number efficient? just trying to navigate what to do next
The letter from IRCC in the email or portal should contain instructions on how to apply for PR card. The letter will tell you to get a PR photo made with the appliant's name and UIC number written on back on the photo. Then send the letter (COPR) and PR photo to the address listed in the letter. Likely your local IRCC location.

lynnklee

May 9, 2020
The letter from IRCC in the email or portal should contain instructions on how to apply for PR card. The letter will tell you to get a PR photo made with the appliant's name and UIC number written on back on the photo. Then send the letter (COPR) and PR photo to the address listed in the letter. Likely your local IRCC location.
Will we get another email with the CoPR? When we try to open it in gckey, it just takes us to a page that says it isn't working.
or will we receive by mail?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Will we get another email with the CoPR? When we try to open it in gckey, it just takes us to a page that says it isn't working.
If you have an email in the application then it will be emailed. Check your junk folder to be sure it didn't ended up on there.

I am not sure if they will issue another email with copr. I had this issue a long time ago regarding AIP. I submitted an email which I have gotten but at the time it was a new procedure. No mail papers anymore if email address was given. I tried to asked them to send AIP again in mail instead. They refused to issue the document again.

simpsol22

Feb 11, 2015
South Surrey, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Landing: Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2015
Doc's Request.
17-06-2016
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
04-06-2016
LANDED..........
13-02-2017
Did you ever get the copr?