+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RECEIVED OPEN WORK PERMIT ?? (spousal application) upon changes from DEC.22

rjblaster

Feb 7, 2012
Hi Just wondering if i can open a topic regarding the release of OWP on a spousal app.
I submitted my application last April 2014 and currently waiting for an update,

CIC says that new applications after Dec.22 will take 4 months and for those who have applied already will take a matter of weeks. But while searching for this topic I found out that others r saying that they've already spoke to some agents and told them that there will be a possibility that the new applicants will be prioritize and now im a bit confused .

hope some members with the same situation can comment or update about this and let us know when they received their permits .

Thank you

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
rjblaster said:
Hi Just wondering if i can open a topic regarding the release of OWP on a spousal app.
I submitted my application last April 2014 and currently waiting for an update,

CIC says that new applications after Dec.22 will take 4 months and for those who have applied already will take a matter of weeks. But while searching for this topic I found out that others r saying that they've already spoke to some agents and told them that there will be a possibility that the new applicants will be prioritize and now im a bit confused .

hope some members with the same situation can comment or update about this and let us know when they received their permits .

Thank you
I just send my OWP-pilot program yesterday jan 3 , sponsorship receive February 2014 , hoping I get my OWP faster so that I can renew my health card. God bless us & good luck to all:)

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
what classifies as the current inventory... those that have filed since start of 2014, 2013, 2012... etc or those that just filed from Dec. 22???

engrAyan

Jul 9, 2013
Hey Everyone,

I submit my sponsorship application in june 2014, I do have off campus work permit and it will expire on sept 2015. I am wondering i should apply for the open work permit, as mention on cic website who are applying after 22 december for sponsorship PR and along with open work permit the processing time of the open work permit is 4 month.

can anybody let me know which documents are required for open work permit, as i am an international student.

Thank you