+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received only CoPR number not document

pamplemoose

Sep 21, 2019
Hi all,

So my medical was done last year and out of blue today, I just got this email saying I'm now a PR.
(I had no PPR, no interviews, etc. My last real update aside from few ghosts was medical pass)

The email(and an update on cic account) says something like 'congrats you're now PR' and it reads as below:

-
If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address. (Then it also states that this letter serves as a proof of permanent resident status, and goes on to explain Photo specifications in other pages)
-

I have CoPR document number but no CoPR document. Attachment with this email is also listed on cic account as "Other" in the list of messages
(I'm assuming this letter is NOT CoPR since the letter itself is asking me to send CoPR document IF I have it.)

Anyone got this email? How did you apply for the PR card then?
Would I have to wait for the actual CoPR document to arrive by email or possibly by mail? or should this letter be sufficient enough to apply for PR card?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

lloyd153

May 31, 2019
I had the same thing happen to me. I read somewhere else that the letter that was attached was the CoPR document?

I haven’t received anything else since the ‘letter’ was emailed to me, or put in my inbox as ‘other’ in my CIC account.

pamplemoose

Sep 21, 2019
I had the same thing happen to me. I read somewhere else that the letter that was attached was the CoPR document?

I haven’t received anything else since the ‘letter’ was emailed to me, or put in my inbox as ‘other’ in my CIC account.
Really? The letter serves as a proof of PR indeed, so if it has replaced the usual CoPR then it makes sense...but still weird that they didn't clarify the document to begin with. Did you send your photo & the letter then?

LuckyS

Star Member
Aug 9, 2018
Even i received same letter. Did any one sent photos? Do we need to send any other documents ??

Martin 87

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
I wish someone can answer this question! What are the documents needed to be sent?
Is a copy of the passport one of the requirements or not?