+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received NOI from Alberta but do not want to respond

qsrahman

Sep 7, 2021
just got NOI from Alberta today. Now my question is,
  1. Within how many days do I have to respond to this?
  2. If I do not respond to this, will my profile be cancelled or I will never be selected for AINP again?

kikoo

Aug 25, 2021
  2. If I do not respond to this, will my profile be cancelled or I will never be selected for AINP again?
may I know your NOC and when did you create your express entry please?

D

Deleted member 1050918

Assuming you don't have a job offer from Alberta and thus need to apply under Alberta Express Entry System, please take a look at https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-alberta-express-entry-stream-how-to-apply.aspx

Your question 1:

• email a copy of the letter to the AINP at lbr.pnpoffice@gov.ab.ca within 2 weeks of receiving it in your federal Express Entry profile
  • provide your Express Entry profile number
  • provide status information about current and past AINP applications/nominations (if applicable)

So you have 2 weeks to respond to the NOI.

Your question 2:

Your EE profile will not be cancelled if you do not respond to the NOI. It is unclear whether not responding to a NOI decreases your future chances with AINP or not. Do you have a reason why you wouldn't respond to it?

Reactions: qsrahman

qsrahman

Sep 7, 2021
Assuming you don't have a job offer from Alberta and thus need to apply under Alberta Express Entry System, please take a look at https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-alberta-express-entry-stream-how-to-apply.aspx

Your question 1:

• email a copy of the letter to the AINP at lbr.pnpoffice@gov.ab.ca within 2 weeks of receiving it in your federal Express Entry profile
  • provide your Express Entry profile number
  • provide status information about current and past AINP applications/nominations (if applicable)

So you have 2 weeks to respond to the NOI.

Your question 2:

Your EE profile will not be cancelled if you do not respond to the NOI. It is unclear whether not responding to a NOI decreases your future chances with AINP or not. Do you have a reason why you wouldn't respond to it?
Thanks for the detailed answer! I am just biased towards Toronto, and finally want to settle down there. I feel I will drain all my expense if I stay in Alberta doing nothing much, because all the big companies I targeted are based in Toronto

D

Deleted member 1050918

Thanks for the detailed answer! I am just biased towards Toronto, and finally want to settle down there. I feel I will drain all my expense if I stay in Alberta doing nothing much, because all the big companies I targeted are based in Toronto
Valid reasons. What's your CRS? If you think you'd have good chances in FSW (or some Ontario PNP), but also wanna be "safe", below is what you might consider doing:

1. Accept the NOI from Alberta.
2. You'll most likely be selected to apply, in which case you receive the portal link in 1-2 business days.
3. From the date you received the portal link, you'll have 30 days to start your application, and 60 days to submit your application. You can start your application the very same day since you don't have to finish it. You'll have 60 days to submit it.
4. See if you get any FSW ITA (or some PNP from Ontario if you're eligible) in 60 days. If you do, you can leave your AINP application. It simply gets invalidated after you haven't applied for 60 days.
5. If after 50 days or so it still doesn't look like you're getting any other ITA, proceed with AINP. Alberta is beautiful, you'd like it there. Read up on what may or may not happen if you leave Alberta after landing with an AINP PR.

qsrahman

Sep 7, 2021
thanks for the advice! Quite logical! I will surely give it a thought then. My crs score is also not that high only 453, next year it may increase upto 471, but by then i would have to open a new profile again. So say if I start the process for AINP, will it take around 1 year to complete everything? Also, I heard there are some medical tests to be done, when do I have to perform this test?

Btw, suppose if this NOI is not responded, next year when i open a new EE profile after current one expires, any chance AINP will consider again?

D

Deleted member 1050918

thanks for the advice! Quite logical! I will surely give it a thought then. My crs score is also not that high only 453, next year it may increase upto 471, but by then i would have to open a new profile again. So say if I start the process for AINP, will it take around 1 year to complete everything? Also, I heard there are some medical tests to be done, when do I have to perform this test?

Btw, suppose if this NOI is not responded, next year when i open a new EE profile after current one expires, any chance AINP will consider again?
As I said, nobody can tell you what your future chances would be with AINP if you left a NOI unanswered (be it with your current EE profile or later). If you only qualify for FSW, 453 is sadly pretty risky right now. 470+ is considered "safe" in 2021. Nobody knows what would happen next year and some changes are expected for FSW which might alter the "safe" CRS in any way. Alberta Express Entry System is connected to the EE system as it says in the name. Which means, after receiving your nomination from Alberta, your file is transferred to IRCC as a regular EE file so IRCC does the rest of the processing.

How long it may take depends on your definition of "complete everything". Alberta only asks for following documents in consideration for nomination: https://www.alberta.ca/assets/documents/lbr-ainp-express-entry-stream.pdf

The medical tests, bank statements, police certificates and so on will be asked from you by IRCC, not Alberta. Average processing time for FSW/PNP apps nowadays is about 10-12 months due to covid. So basically an EE PNP (like AINP) is the same as FSW in terms of processing time. Look up what an "upfront medical" means, that's what you're usually advised to do in an EE app.

qsrahman

Sep 7, 2021
@ImpatientKangaroo btw in the document checklist, it says they need reference letters from both current company and previous company. Now there is another weird issue I am facing, I may get another job offer from another company while waiting to submit the ainp application. So if i submit the ainp before joining the new company, do I have to include my next company reference letter as well ?

D

Deleted member 1050918

@ImpatientKangaroo btw in the document checklist, it says they need reference letters from both current company and previous company. Now there is another weird issue I am facing, I may get another job offer from another company while waiting to submit the ainp application. So if i submit the ainp before joining the new company, do I have to include my next company reference letter as well ?
The AINP portal specifically asks for "current" employer, so that might put you in a situation where you have to provide letters from your next employer. If your employer changes after you've made your application, you should contact AINP and let them know of this. They'll send you an additional document request if they really want you to submit a reference letter from the next company.

Why care to change companies if you're looking to immigrate though?

qsrahman

Sep 7, 2021
The AINP portal specifically asks for "current" employer, so that might put you in a situation where you have to provide letters from your next employer. If your employer changes after you've made your application, you should contact AINP and let them know of this. They'll send you an additional document request if they really want you to submit a reference letter from the next company.

Why care to change companies if you're looking to immigrate though?
- alright, it would be weird though to ask for reference letter right after joining. I am changing because I still want to work in my present country for couple of more years and get my expenses prepared as much as possible and then finally move to CA to fulfill the last 3 years stay period in the 5 year period.

D

Deleted member 1050918

- alright, it would be weird though to ask for reference letter right after joining. I am changing because I still want to work in my present country for couple of more years and get my expenses prepared as much as possible and then finally move to CA to fulfill the last 3 years stay period in the 5 year period.
Not even weird, it'd be you clearly stating that you're about to quit your new job. Not much you can do. I'd just apply when I'm with my current employer and update AINP if I change jobs. Applying when you're at the new company complicates things a lot since your "current employer" is now the new company. Your supervisors may even refuse to give you a reference letter out of anger.

MabeAhiaba

Sep 16, 2021
Valid reasons. What's your CRS? If you think you'd have good chances in FSW (or some Ontario PNP), but also wanna be "safe", below is what you might consider doing:

1. Accept the NOI from Alberta.
2. You'll most likely be selected to apply, in which case you receive the portal link in 1-2 business days.
3. From the date you received the portal link, you'll have 30 days to start your application, and 60 days to submit your application. You can start your application the very same day since you don't have to finish it. You'll have 60 days to submit it.
4. See if you get any FSW ITA (or some PNP from Ontario if you're eligible) in 60 days. If you do, you can leave your AINP application. It simply gets invalidated after you haven't applied for 60 days.
5. If after 50 days or so it still doesn't look like you're getting any other ITA, proceed with AINP. Alberta is beautiful, you'd like it there. Read up on what may or may not happen if you leave Alberta after landing with an AINP PR.
Hello, I got a notification of interest on the 14th and responded on the 16th but yet to get a portal link and it’s been 3 days. Is there anything I can do???