+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received my CSQ and just got married - What should I do?

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my situation.

I am working in Montreal, Quebec as a temporary worker after completing my Masters here. I applied for CSQ through Mon Projet online application in Feb 2016 and received my CSQ in July, 2016. Now I just got married in Oct, 2016 and have not yet applied for Fedral PR (I thought that I'll apply for PR after marriage so that I can add my wife as a dependent).

However, when I called the Quebec immigration today in order to confirm if I can go ahead and apply for PR with my CSQ and add my wife as dependent in there, they told me that I would first have to get a CSQ for my wife and then only I can add her in my fedral application. He said that I would have to send them back my original CSQ document and apply for a fresh CSQ as a couple and it can take upto 8 months to 14 months. The problem is that I am only left with around 18 months on my post-graduate work permit.

What should I do now?? If I apply again as a couple and it will take this much time then I won't be left with too much time for the fedral process.

Anyone who falls in the same category or has any experience of this situation. Please suggest what should I do.

Thanks,
Manpreet

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Mchd12,

Do you mean that I should apply for PR and show my wife as a non-accompanying dependent or apply as a single. I don't think applying as a single is a good idea. I don't want to act as a single for around 1 year even though I am married. Doesn't make sense. When you add your spouse, you need to mention the date of marriage. And they can revoke my PR once they know that I was married 1 year ago and I didn't update my status.

Thanks,
Manpreet

annie464

Dec 25, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO, NOVA SCOTIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2017
AOR Received.
Oct 30, 2016
Med's Request
Nov 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 19, 2016 RPRF PAID: Dec 16, 2016
Manpreet_rieit said:
Hi Mchd12,

Do you mean that I should apply for PR and show my wife as a non-accompanying dependent or apply as a single. I don't think applying as a single is a good idea. I don't want to act as a single for around 1 year even though I am married. Doesn't make sense. When you add your spouse, you need to mention the date of marriage. And they can revoke my PR once they know that I was married 1 year ago and I didn't update my status.

Thanks,
Manpreet
If u have already registered your marriage then that was really bad idea to lie but in other way you don't have an option u need to send back your csq and have to wait until u both get new csqs

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI annie,

I am not lying to anyone. I have already updated my status on CRA website. All I am saying is that I will apply for PR and show my wife as non-accompanying dependent. Do you think there is a problem with this approach?

Manpreet

annie464

Dec 25, 2015
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO, NOVA SCOTIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 21, 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2017
AOR Received.
Oct 30, 2016
Med's Request
Nov 18, 2016
Med's Done....
Nov 19, 2016 RPRF PAID: Dec 16, 2016
Manpreet_rieit said:
HI annie,

I am not lying to anyone. I have already updated my status on CRA website. All I am saying is that I will apply for PR and show my wife as non-accompanying dependent. Do you think there is a problem with this approach?

Manpreet
I think you are choosing a long path if u apply now as non accompanying to get ur pr it takes 1 year and once u get and agian u have to apply for your wife so again 1 year so your wife gets pr after 2 years it's minimum time so my suggestion is to send back ur csq and obtain a new one and apply for both u get by 1 and 8 months so think about time

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
HI
I was also in same situation as you are ..
my suggestion

get your PR application approved and keep your wife as non accompanying family member ( you must inform Quebec immigration office of your marriage along with documentry proof to avoid mis reprensttation ) and once you get your PR you can apply for her CSQ n PR .. I know its longer way but its risk free way .. as there could be delays in process but it that is sure that it would be fruitful . Once you have PR you may can opt for other options to call your spouse .

returning your csq and then they will access your CSQ as married guy with diff. points structure ..

rest decision is yours

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Raman,

Thanks for your suggestion. I was also thinking about this route that you have suggested. But then how do I inform the quebec govt. about my marriage?? The only way that I can think of is by sending my CSQ back along with her documents to get re-evaluated and then wait for them to issue us both the CSQ.

Any other way you suggest??

Thanks,
Manpreet

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Hi

Way no. 1

You send your Original CSQ and your wife documents along with your marriage certificate to the quebec immigration office .. then they will re-access your application and calculate your CSQ points as a married guy .this route will make your wife travel to montreal soon but you will loosing your CSQ coz it will re-accessed by quebec immigration office . Hopefully you will get your csq along with your wife .. but there is bit risk involved in this as you re submit your hard earned CSQ.

Way no 2

Filll change to application form and fill other columns in the form and mention you got married , but you are keeping as non accompanying famiily member giving a suitable reason .. attached your marriege certificate ... by this immigration quebec will be informed of your marriage which will avoid misreprenstation at quebec immigration and federal immigration will process your file as married guy but having a non accompaying spouse .. yes this route will delay your wife arrival in canada but sooner or later she will be there and you will retain your CSQ ..

best of luck

Manpreet_rieit

Star Member
Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Raman for your suggestions.

Anyways, as I am on work permit, I have already applied for an open work permit for my wife and will get it soon. This way she will be able to stay with me and in the mean time I'll be applying for my PR.

This is what I am doing.

Thanks
Manpreet

aashu241

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Quebec
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CANADA
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
07-03-2019
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2017
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Application filed for Csq in March 2014
File number received on September 2014
Updation email received in June 2016
Update documents send in July 2016
Csq Received on 2nd october 2016
Applied Federal with original csq as single applicant on 11th October 2016, file received by cio on 20th october 2016
Now the concern is I had done marriage on 24th Dec 2016 and I want csq for my wife also,
But I have send original csq when I had applied single applicant in federal process
What Should I do now ?
Getting csq for my wife, how much time it will take ?
Should I inform Cio/Federal govt that I had done marriage and Awaiting csq for my wife or after getting csq for my wife i should inform federal ??
Please anybody with same situation reply

aashu241

Star Member
Aug 4, 2014
Quebec
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CANADA
App. Filed.......
10-01-2019
Doc's Request.
Waiting
AOR Received.
07-03-2019
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
05-03-2020
Med's Done....
30-09-2017
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
aashu241 said:
Application filed for Csq in March 2014
File number received on September 2014
Updation email received in June 2016
Update documents send in July 2016
Csq Received on 2nd october 2016
Applied Federal with original csq as single applicant on 11th October 2016, file received by cio on 20th october 2016
Now the concern is I had done marriage on 15th Dec 2016 and I want csq for my wife also,
But I have send original csq when I had applied single applicant in federal process
What Should I do now ?
Getting csq for my wife, how much time it will take ?
Should I inform Cio/Federal govt that I had done marriage and Awaiting csq for my wife or after getting csq for my wife i should inform federal ??
Please anybody with same situation reply