+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received my CIT-520 today

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
was hoping letter was my oath date but unfortunately not. They are requesting US entry exits, how long does that process take. I submitted for them in anticipation of this request, but still have not received anything. Any information for filling out this cit-520 successfully would be greatly appreciated.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have no personal idea on this but noticed there are many active threads. You might wanna ask you query in one of them.

Best,

FR

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
This website provides limited access to arrival and departure date records of nonimmigrant aliens entering and departing the United States which are maintained in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection's (CBP's) Nonimmigrant Information System (NIIS).

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/consent.html;jsessionid=l7JQXy6WbvM96YNS9Kf76YnKpMmj1pFfv7hD2Vy1vgNn04RDdflc!1768450103

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does not apply to me, since citizen in US. My online app for US entry exits supposed to be completed by May 10. Started the request on April 11.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
MW2015 said:
Does not apply to me, since citizen in US. My online app for US entry exits supposed to be completed by May 10. Started the request on April 11.
Not that long ago, it was taking over a year to get them. Things may have sped up since then, not sure. Many people reported never receiving them after months and months of waiting. Who knows?

b52shot

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends.. Myself and my wife applied together, I got mine in 4 weeks. She got hers in 3 months.

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone also receive the resident questionnaire, just wondering how your experiences were and what documents you provided if you did.

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MW2015 said:
Did anyone also receive the resident questionnaire, just wondering how your experiences were and what documents you provided if you did.
I received the RQ - From a documents perspective, I tried to include in anything that would serve as proof that you were physically present in Canada during the dates that you mentioned. Here are a few of the documents I included in my submission:

Bank statements / Credit card statements
OHIP usage data
School records
Pay stubs
Tax documents
Car ownership documents
Car insurance documents
Residential lease documents
Passport copies
Employment letter from my employer

>Make sure you double check the dates you provide in the RQ
>DO provide a cover letter
>DO scan / photocopy your entire submission before you send it over so you have your own record in case you need to refer back to it (Trust me, this is important)

Hope this helps

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fishbone said:
I received the RQ - From a documents perspective, I tried to include in anything that would serve as proof that you were physically present in Canada during the dates that you mentioned. Here are a few of the documents I included in my submission:

OHIP usage data
School records
Pay stubs
Tax documents
Car ownership documents
Car insurance documents
Passport copies

>DO scan / photocopy your entire submission before you send it over so you have your own record in case you need to refer back to it (Trust me, this is important)

Hope this helps
Thanks So much this is very helpful, did you provide a statement from each year for each account or every single statement for each bank, credit card etc. Thanks again for your assistance.

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MW2015 said:
Thanks So much this is very helpful, did you provide a statement from each year for each account or every single statement for each bank, credit card etc. Thanks again for your assistance.
I sent them every statement from every year for all banks, credit cards etc . Try to send this in an organized format so it's easy for the person reviewing your file to go through.

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
fishbone said:

OHIP usage data
School records
Pay stubs
Tax documents
Car ownership documents
Car insurance documents
Passport copies

Hope this helps
Copy of passport has nothing to do with CIT 0520. You think CIC don't have passport pages from you application for Citizenship

Only those documents that shows your presence in Canada for 1095 should be included.

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
MW2015 said:
was hoping letter was my oath date but unfortunately not. They are requesting US entry exits, how long does that process take. I submitted for them in anticipation of this request, but still have not received anything. Any information for filling out this cit-520 successfully would be greatly appreciated.
Funny thing is that US Customs not always record your exits from USA especially when you leave US with your personal car, rental car or greyhound or Amtrak/Maple Leaf Express train so your FOIP request may come up with no responsive record and i 94 website will now show any data if your very first entry to US was more than 10 years ago.

fishbone

Star Member
Mar 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANADAPATRIOT said:
Copy of passport has nothing to do with CIT 0520. You think CIC don't have passport pages from you application for Citizenship

Only those documents that shows your presence in Canada for 1095 should be included.
I was talking about the documents I sent in for my Residence Questionnaire and CIT 0520.
One of the documents required to be sent in are copies of all pages of all passports from the relevant period.

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My CIT 0520 says same thing all color copies of passport for the period in question.

MW2015

Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can I ask your thoughts of this scenario. I have lived in Canada since 2009. But I work for a US Company and my work address is in the states. But I am considered a permanent resident of Canada. My US company HR system could not handle a foreign address, so I just put down a place we frequent visit in Florida during the winter. when I pull my employment records they will all have the address of Florida. I do file and pay Canadian Taxes, as well as US taxes. But I also don't receive a T4, only a W2 from the states. How would you address this to CIC in a letter explaining the situation. I am trying to get my employer to write a letter as well for me. We moved to Canada to take care of my wife's sick mother. So work allowed me to stay up here but I frequent traveled back and forth between the US and Canada. Now I don't travel as much and mainly stay in Canada but work address remains the same.

Just trying to feel this out.