+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received Medical...But stuck in difficult situation??? Please Help !!!

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends...I am a new to this forum looking for help.

My details are:

Application transferred to LA on 3rd March
Status changed online to in process on 25th of March
and received medical on 30th March

I have a situation, I have applied for PR from USA and received medical recently but just after receiving medical we have to come to our home country in India. I am now stuck in India due to some visa issue can't go back to USA soon...

My Questions are:

1) Can I complete all the formalities like Medical and passport submission from India and go to Canada directly from India.

2) Do I need to notify CIC about my case and change the address?

Please guide... if anybody have any experience on this situation.

Thanks for your help !!!
Best Regards,
AH

kris32

Feb 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2010
Doc's Request.
30 June 2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
12-2-2010
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Seattle - 14 June 2010
Med's Request
30 June 2010
Med's Done....
15 September 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
not landed yet
AH,

Congratulations on receiving the medicals. I guess you could call the New Delhi visa office and let them know your situation and ask them if you can do your medicals in India. I am guessing that medicals anywhere should be OK because they'd only like to know if you have any health condition that can harm Canadian public or cost Canadian taxpayer.

Kris

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medicals can be done in India

Passport needs to be sent to Visa office that you sent your full docs to.
If you can not send passport to Original Visa office send them the letter explaining why you can not and request you file transfer to India

Some where I read a message from PMM that it may not be possible and your request may be declined. Send a personal message to PMM and get a clarification

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your responses guys...

I got my medicals done and received passport request now. But now I am in India and applied from USA...not sure how to send passport somewhere in the forum I read people with similar situations ... sent their friends or relatives.

My questions are:

Is that the only way you have to send passport thru your relative or friend?

What is the safest way to send the passport with friend or relative?

What if they are caught in the security check in India or in USA? I know it is illigal to carry someone's passport in India how about USA I am sure same thing...what is the way out?

I would really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or help ! Thanks.

pooja123

Feb 20, 2010
I am not sure what are ideal steps in this situation, but would suggest you to consider following;

- if you are not able to come back to USA for some reason, then you should update your communication address with visa office. What if they send something to your address in USA, would you be able to get that?
- if you have friend/relative in USA in that case; if I were you, I would send it with fedex next day dilvery (I am not sure about legal part).

All the best.

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Pooja,

No Currier company in India will be ready to deliver the passport and it is quite risky. Whatever knowledge I could gather is the only way to send your passport through friend or family if applicant is not able to go.

lands

Jan 28, 2010
I am sure if you use a reputed company like UPS or DHL you will not lose your passport.

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lands said:
I am sure if you use a reputed company like UPS or DHL you will not lose your passport.
Lands,

I have tried all reputed companies only right from Fedex, DHL and UPS does not trust any other company.
PS. I use Fedex even other wise for sending any document.

Naavy100

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi,India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-09
Doc's Request.
6-02-10
IELTS Request
6-02-10 - 7 Bands
File Transfer...
10-02-2010
Med's Request
19/11/2010
Med's Done....
7/12/2010
Passport Req..
19/11/2010
VISA ISSUED...
15/2/2011
LANDED..........
22 April 2011
Do your medicals in India

Give PP authority to your friend/relative .. to take your PP to states.....mail it to CHC ....

give CHC your friend's address so that after stamping they will send your PP back to them

and then they will bring that to you

cuccoo0

Jan 31, 2009
Hello Dear
The easiest and rational approach is to write your CHC in USA that this has happened what should i do and hopefully they shall reply you on this.

If they ask you (which i am sure they wont as this is beyond logic) to send your passport to USA then send it (though i am quite sure that no courier can dipatch your passport YOu can bet me on this).

At the same time when you send a mail to your concerned CHC do CC the mail to CHC ND and see what they say.

Hopefully this shall help

But forget about sending passort that Impossible in this life (yeah possible if sent by embassy itself)

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks everyone...medicals are done now new problem arise how to send passport from India without getting into any problem.

I have opened one more thread below on this please share your advise, suggestions, knowledge...Thanks !

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t43921.0.html;topicseen

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@pooja, lands

Indian Passport can not be sent outside the county through courier/post. You can authorize some one to carryit for you though.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
AH said:
Thanks for your responses guys...

I got my medicals done and received passport request now. But now I am in India and applied from USA...not sure how to send passport somewhere in the forum I read people with similar situations ... sent their friends or relatives.

My questions are:

Is that the only way you have to send passport thru your relative or friend?

What is the safest way to send the passport with friend or relative?

What if they are caught in the security check in India or in USA? I know it is illigal to carry someone's passport in India how about USA I am sure same thing...what is the way out?

I would really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or help ! Thanks.
Not sure of answers to most of your questions, but DHL in India does accept pp and it's legal (Indian laws) since DHL is not considered as 'mailing' it is regarded as a messenger ferrying it across.

cprak0

May 25, 2010
Ottawa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-05-2011
AH said:
Thanks everyone...medicals are done now new problem arise how to send passport from India without getting into any problem.

I have opened one more thread below on this please share your advise, suggestions, knowledge...Thanks !

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t43921.0.html;topicseen
Yes, as I had said go with DHL. I had enquired with DHL once to send pp over to Lima , Peru. And DHL was the only one that was ready to accept. But then eventually we did not send it- one that it was not worth the risk, we weren't getting anything sending the pp to Lima...