+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received landing interview email, currently reside outside Canada

snapshot

Nov 10, 2014
Recently received an email from CIC-Etobicoke-Landings (at) cic.gc.ca with subject "NOTICE OF PERMANENT RESIDENCE INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT / AVIS D'ENTREVUE POUR LA CONFIRMATION DE LA RÉSIDENCE PERMANENTE"

Attached to this email is a letter indicating the date and time of your permanent resident landing interview at CIC
Etobicoke. Please print this letter and bring it with you to your interview. Also attached is a document detailing
the photo requirements for your confirmation of permanent residence document.

Please do not reply to this email unless you cannot attend your scheduled interview due to a personal, family or
medical emergency. If you are rescheduled, your next interview will occur in approximately six weeks. All other
replies will not be answered.

Background and timeline:
Worked in Canada from 2010-2012 under work permit.
Left Canada after the work permit expired
Sent CEC application in Mar 2013
The application was approved in Apr 2014
Got passport request in Apr 2014
Sent email to change the office for visa stamping to Singapore in Apr 2014
Received email about change the office to Singapore in Apr 2014
Got the immigration visa stamped on passport along with COPR from Singapore office in May 2015
Both visa and COPR expired sometime in Apr 2015
Plan to land sometime in Jan/Feb 2015

I am preparing an email to response to this email and wondering if anybody has similar situation.

Any thought, comment or suggestion ?

Thanks

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
^I got the same one, details on this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-at-cic-office-t250424.0.html

But I'm in TO anyway, so it's not an issue for me. You might as well send them an email that you are not able to land at the schedule provided.

canin007

Nov 11, 2014
Same case with me. My interview is scheduled for next week and I am not residing in Canada. Can't attend the interview in such a short time.
Is this a new new process?

As per the instuctions that I recieved along with the COPR earlier, I was instucted to enter Canada before the expiry date of my Visa stamped in passport.
I got my passport stamped during the first week of July '2014 and my Visa expiry date is May, 2015. My plan is to move to Canada during Feb/Mar 2015 timeframe.

Please suggest whether I can request CIC to defer my Landing interview date.
Thanks !!

lakbhva

Nov 12, 2014
I recvd same email to attend interview next week. I am also outside canada. I sent an email to reschedule my interview, but no response yet. Are you guys sent email?any response recvd?

rak_1985

Nov 12, 2013
Hi All,

Today , I also received the same, asking for the landing interview by Nov-20 which is literally not possible for me
I am currently out of Canada and planning to the landing in the month of Jan-Feb 2015.

Is there anything to worry ?? Experts please help.

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
Just send them an email that you are outside of Canada.
The email/interview appointment assumes you are inside Canada:

If you have not already made arrangements, a CIC office near your place of residence in Canada will contact you shortly with the location, date and time of an appointment for you to complete the processing to become a permanent resident of Canada.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
This is interesting. Looks like a new procedure they just created. Is it just for people applying outside of Canada? That seems really inconvenient for those people to visit a CIC office inside Canada..

MenicMonday

Feb 25, 2014
ZingyDNA said:
This is interesting. Looks like a new procedure they just created. Is it just for people applying outside of Canada? That seems really inconvenient for those people to visit a CIC office inside Canada..
I assume it's something new.
I was planning on landing at Niagara this Friday, but got this email last Monday, so I'd rather do that (the schedule is for next week at CIC-Etobicoke).

Au contraire, it is more convenient for those inside Canada (unlike for those outside as you mentioned). I would get COPR corrections much faster plus they get to process the PR cards asap. The only inconvenience is on bringing 2 photos - but I already have the ones I used for the BOWP application.

lakbhva

Nov 12, 2014
Today i received response saying, i don't have to attend Landing interview. I can land before my Visa expires.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
lakbhva said:
Today i received response saying, i don't have to attend Landing interview. I can land before my Visa expires.
Hm... That seems a cleric error (not surprisingly) from CIC. Must be confused with some other PR category, like FSW or something.

snapshot

Nov 10, 2014
Sent email in response to the interview landing email and the next morning received response for the CIC Etobicoke:

Please note you are not required to attend this interview. Please land as you had intended. Our apologies for the confusion.

The Important part in the attachment made the confusion (see below):

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview
that has been scheduled for:

DATE: (dd/mmm/yyyy) TIME: Any time between 1:00 pm to 3:00 PM

In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All
applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.

You must attend the interview with the following:
 All of your dependents if they are included in this application
 Your Confirmation of Permanent Resident document (if you have received it already)
 Your own interpreter, if required
 2 Photos for each person on this application taken within the last 12 months - see enclosed appendix for
specifications

IMPORTANT

Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in
Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may contact the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.

tag4u

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-2013
AOR Received.
20-Nov-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
23-Apr-2014
Med's Done....
06-Jun-2014
Passport Req..
16-Jun-2014
Even I got an email today asking to attend an interview at ETOBICOKE on 26Nov. I am outside Canada and I am planning to land in March. I am going to reply back saying the same.

There is a line in the email which states
"If you are rescheduled, your next interview will occur in approximately six weeks"
Not sure if I will be getting this email every 6 weeks from now on until I land or my VISA expires.

tarunkhetarpal

Star Member
Feb 25, 2013
I have also received the similar mail and I ourside canada. At first place this is surprise to me as I have already received COPR and need to do the landing before the PR visa expires.

I have replied home back and hopefully they will reply on Monday.

Did anyone check with them is this by mistake they are sending this. I am worried now.

barghavkumar

Star Member
May 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
DELHI,INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-OCT-2013
AOR Received.
19-NOV-2013
Med's Request
15-APR-2014
Med's Done....
04-APR-2014 (PRE-MEDICALS) - Notified to CIC on 25-April-2014
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I dint think you need to worry... U will soon recieve a mail saying interview is not required....
My lawyer told me the same and inhave seen similkar cases in this forum...

KaranKrishna

Jul 10, 2014
Hi,

I live in Canada, I have received the mail for the appointment when I tried to change the schedule they called me and mentioned that we cannot land by going to border if you do not have US Visa, is that correct any one has news on that.

Thanks & Regards,
Karan