+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received job offer mid degree- can it be used for PR?

AbbyS

Jul 12, 2017
Hey everyone,

My situation is slightly unusual. I am a BSc Computer Science student at McGill University. I have completed two years of studies and I have two more years to go. Currently I am on a long (16 month) internship in Ottawa. Meanwhile, I've also been involved in doing research with a professor remotely at my university. Our research has turned into a major success. The prof received major external funding so he has established his own company. I will be the company's first employee and they will be extending an offer soon. Since I have an open work permit for 16 months, I will be working both jobs- the internship in Ottawa and the research position in Montreal (The Montreal one would be remotely during weekdays and on the spot on weekends).
Before all these things I've already worked an 8 month internship (4 months full time and 4 months part time which they created specially for me because they really liked my work), I was part of a different startup for 4 months, I have researched with two different professors and I am about to publish a paper in a major international journal as the lead author.

I have asked my professor to extend a full employee offer rather than a contract and it should go through very soon.
I have also asked him to get the job offer validated as described below which he is more than happy to do.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/employeurs/embaucher-permanent/demande/index.html

I am already certified for B2 level French proficiency from McGill and I even have a scholarship from McGill's French language center for having won an inter-university French competition.

I would like to know if with all these credentials, I could apply for Permanent Residence in QC. After my 16 months in Ottawa are over, I wish to switch over to part-time studies and dedicate myself to our research.

Thanks!

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hey everyone,

My situation is slightly unusual. I am a BSc Computer Science student at McGill University. I have completed two years of studies and I have two more years to go. Currently I am on a long (16 month) internship in Ottawa. Meanwhile, I've also been involved in doing research with a professor remotely at my university. Our research has turned into a major success. The prof received major external funding so he has established his own company. I will be the company's first employee and they will be extending an offer soon. Since I have an open work permit for 16 months, I will be working both jobs- the internship in Ottawa and the research position in Montreal (The Montreal one would be remotely during weekdays and on the spot on weekends).
Before all these things I've already worked an 8 month internship (4 months full time and 4 months part time which they created specially for me because they really liked my work), I was part of a different startup for 4 months, I have researched with two different professors and I am about to publish a paper in a major international journal as the lead author.

I have asked my professor to extend a full employee offer rather than a contract and it should go through very soon.
I have also asked him to get the job offer validated as described below which he is more than happy to do.
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/employeurs/embaucher-permanent/demande/index.html

I am already certified for B2 level French proficiency from McGill and I even have a scholarship from McGill's French language center for having won an inter-university French competition.

I would like to know if with all these credentials, I could apply for Permanent Residence in QC. After my 16 months in Ottawa are over, I wish to switch over to part-time studies and dedicate myself to our research.

Thanks!
You are definitely eligible for CSQ (once you have job ) or PEQ programs ... all the best for your research and work !!!

Reactions: AbbyS