+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA with Spouse as non-accompanying, but he is in Canada

Shruti_01

Apr 22, 2020
Hi CanadaVisa Members,
I'm looking to get some guidance with my current application.

I have received ITA on April 9th, 2020. In my application, I have listed my spouse as Non-accompanying. However, currently he is in Canada with me.
In my letter of explanation, If I mention that I have done it in order to increase CRS score, would it be acceptable reason?
Or as per one of the consultants, does my husband needs to go back to India and wait their for this process?

Please assist..!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
You spouse has a legal status in Canada, temporary I am assuming.

If you have status in Canada you can remain in Canada as long as you keep a valid status.

If you get the PR just for yourself your spouse will later have to go through the process on his/her own or you'll have to sponsor your spouse once you've become a PR.

Shruti_01

Apr 22, 2020
You spouse has a legal status in Canada, temporary I am assuming.

If you have status in Canada you can remain in Canada as long as you keep a valid status.

If you get the PR just for yourself your spouse will later have to go through the process on his/her own or you'll have to sponsor your spouse once you've become a PR.
I am aware about this process that I would have to sponsor my spouse later once I receive my PR. Currently, he is on work permit.
In my PR application, I have mentioned my spouse as non-accompanying - I am trying to know if in LoE, I write that I have done it to increase my CRS score - would this be an acceptable reason or do I need to come up with 'a story'?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am aware about this process that I would have to sponsor my spouse later once I receive my PR. Currently, he is on work permit.
In my PR application, I have mentioned my spouse as non-accompanying - I am trying to know if in LoE, I write that I have done it to increase my CRS score - would this be an acceptable reason or do I need to come up with 'a story'?
As long as you are quite clear it's for the points, IRCC seems to accept it. Don't "come up with a story". IRCC knows when people are doing it for the points and will know it is a lie.

Reactions: jes_ON

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I was answering this question -->

Or as per one of the consultants, does my husband needs to go back to India and wait their for this process?

Please assist..!
the other question has been answered by @canuck_in_uk

Keepers

Jun 9, 2018
Hello. Please dont make up a story..your reason seems sufficient enough. Include it in your letter that you did so for points and later on if approved your spouse will be sponsored by you or will apply for himself.

Rajk1991

Star Member
Mar 13, 2020
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Need your valuable suggestions.

I am living in canada, I have PGWP and my wife on OWP and my CRS is 426 under Canadian experience class with Spouse And without spouse my CRS is 451.

Hello My question if I apply without spouse,what kind of reason I can give in explanation?

Is this good idea to go without spouse in express entry?

Thank you in Advance.
Stay Safe.

Reactions: Pgill2609

Sarb960

Jan 29, 2020
You must satisfy the officer your spouse has strong ties in home country she is not interested in permanently seattle here. You can’t use trick that only for points she were not accompany.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

I am living in canada, I have PGWP and my wife on OWP and my CRS is 426 under Canadian experience class with Spouse And without spouse my CRS is 451.

Hello My question if I apply without spouse,what kind of reason I can give in explanation?

Thank you in Advance.
Stay Safe.
Read the previous posts, already answered.

Reactions: Pgill2609

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019

Thank you in Advance.
Stay Safe.
Please will you let me know if you moved onto the next stage. I will be doing the same, I have heard so many ste doing it as long you explain it is for the points. .