langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Satyas991 said:
Hi

My case is also similar. We are expecting a child and the delivery is due Mid of December 2018. We had applied under OINP and after being nominated in July 2018 and received ITA on August 2018. we will submit application except for my wife's X-ray by end of August 2018 for which I think we may get an e-medical deferral letter from the physician and the same will be submitted along with the application.

Now, can anyone please share their experience on :

1. How the case will proceed and is there any need to inform OINP about the medical being deferred or after OINP nomination all the correspondence is done with IRCC only?

--> I'm not familiar with ONIP requirements as I directly went for Express Entry route without the PNP Nomination. I would advise you to seek opinion from other forum members or check with ONIP on their requirements about change in family composition.

2. Our due date of delivery is 15-20th of December 2018 and OINP nomination will expire on 25th December 2018.
Assume we submit all other details by end of Aug-2018 except x-ray and after delivery by the time we submit wife's x-ray along with baby's details (BC,passport,medical for baby) nomination will expire then our CRS comes down as the nomination isn't valid anymore. So, should we inform OINP and get the nomination extended so the CRS is still valid when we submit wife's x-ray and baby's documents instead of waiting for IRCC to return the application and then reapply. Or does the IRCC takes care of extending the nomination from OINP directly ? Please help .

--> My guess is, once you receive the ITA and submit e-APR with IRCC, I dont think your CRS will change. They typically freeze the applicant CRS for changes/expiration in age, IELTS and ECAs so you might be ok. As I don't have any first hand knowledge about ONIP and their requirements, I would advise you to seek 2nd opinion just to be on a safer side.

-> In the OINP application guidelines, there is a provision for seeking an extension of nomination, provided the issue is genuine . This is what it states.

6.1 Extension of Nomination Certificate
Your Confirmation of Nomination document (i.e. Nomination Certificate) is valid for
six (6) months.
You may submit a request for an extension of your Nomination Certificate if it is no
longer valid and:
a) IRCC returns your permanent residence application due to incompleteness,
requiring the submission of a new application, or
you are experiencing delays in securing supporting documents for your
b) permanent residence application (i.e. a police criminal record check) and you
have not yet applied to IRCC.
To request an extension, please email the OINP at ontarionominee@ontario.ca and
provide the following information:
1. A letter of explanation describing the reason to extend your Nomination
Certificate; and
2. A copy of the incompleteness letter from IRCC (if applicable).
You must also return by mail the original Nomination Certificate issued by the OINP
at:
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program
400 University Avenue, 4th Floor
Toronto, ON M7A 2R9

I understood once we submit e-APR, CRS score will be frozen. However, as i mentioned, "Our due date of delivery is 15-20th of December 2018 and OINP nomination will expire on 25th December 2018" , so by the time we submit wife's x-ray and baby's documents it will be 1st or 2nd week of January 2019 worst case and hence we will pass 25th December 2018( which is time till then OINP nomination is valid). So, CRS scores that is locked is still vaild or IRCC may seek an extension due to nomination getting expired post 25th December?This is bit confusing and unclear. I hope after we submit e-APR , everything will remain intact and expiring of nomination should not matter.

Anyway I am going to inform OINP and likely nomination may be get extended or wish to hear hear from OINP no extension is required as e-APR will be submitted . But any answer on this regard would help a lot.

3. Wife X-ray needs to be done immediately after delivery or have to submit with the childs medical?

--> In our case, IRCC issued ADR request for my wife's medical which we replied to as deferred due to pregnancy. Our physician provided the letter which we uploaded in lieu of the medical. Then when my wife was able to, we completed the medical ASAP (about 8 days after delivery) and IRCC approved medical on our file. Our daughter's medical was done approximately 3 weeks after she was born since we were still collecting her BC, Passports etc. which is required for medical.

4. Will i receive any email from IRCC for additional documents for the baby ?
--> Yes, IRCC will issue ADR request around your child's expected due date and give you 30 days to comply. They will ask you to submit change in family composition form, proof of payment for additional dependent application fees, BC & Passport.

5. This is related to the reference letter of my wife who is a primary applicant.

My question -> When we submitted application for OINP in April 2018, my wife and I submitted reference letters(both from our current employers). So, now it is August 2018 and therefore should my wife(who is a primary applicant)need to submit one more reference letter for the duration april-august 2018 along with the earlier reference letter submitted at the time of OINP application or would the earlier reference letter submitted at the
at the time of OINP application is only enough?

--> My guess is if you have already received the nomination and you get an ITA based on it, I don't think you will need to do anything with ONIP. At least to me, it doesnt make any sense since your application with ONIP will already be completed by the time you get ITA from IRCC.

->The reference letters that I am talking about is to share with IRCC not with OINP. OINP also asked for reference letters which we submitted in April 2018 , so question is - can we submit the same reference letter that we shared with OINP to IRCC ? or since it's August 2018 now and 4 months have elapsed, should we get a new reference letters dated August 2018 while submitting e-APR?

Basically I would like to know validity of reference letter obtained in April 2018. As, in IT, projects and manager keeps changing, should we get new reference letter covering April 2018 -Aug 2018 and submit along with April 2018 to IRCC (2 reference letters in this scenario ) or submit the earlier(1 reference letters in this scenario ) that we got in April 2018 to IRCC.

--> I'm not sure if new reference letters are necessary in this case since you would have received nomination by the time you receive ITA. You will also submit e-APR and receive an AOR thus locking your CRS Scores awaiting birth of your child. Original experience letters should be sufficient as those should be current as of you submitting e-APR and receiving AOR. If IRCC needs updated experience letter, they may issue a new ADR request as they go along processing your application.

Disclaimer - I'm not a lawyer so this is strictly my personal opinion. Do not count on it to make important decision about your life :). Seek second opinion if you feel uncomfortable.

Highly appreciate any one could shed some on these queries.

See above in RED.

@langoorbandar , thanks for the swift reply, appreciate it ! Got some insight from you reply. I am not sure whether I framed 2 and 5 rightly or not, but let me be more precise. See in blue above. Thanks!

heymanthkumar

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
See Inline in RED.
Hi @langoorbandar

Thank you so much for such detailed information.

In your case, till you submitted spouse x-ray, what happened to your medicals and other background checks. Did they continue as usual or the processing started only after submitting spouse x-ray.

So when you tried to add the new born, did they get back to you asking for new update POF ?

Mattdamon004

Aug 18, 2018
First of all Congratulations!!! Now to the overall process, I went through exact same scenario and still awaiting PPR.

With ITA in hand, you have to go ahead and complete the E-APR process including medicals for both you and your wife before the due date. Your panel physician will probably not mark the medicals as complete since X-Ray will not be completed for your wife so you can provide the same information to IRCC via LOE when you submit your E-APR.

IRCC will hold the full file until your child is born but they will probably perform other checks such as eligibility, education etc. while you are awaiting arrival of your child.

In our case, the file was kept on hold with medical pending due to missing X-Ray for my wife. Panel physician had informed IRCC of the expected due date of our child and when the due date was passed, IRCC issued an ADR for us to provide them with documents pertaining to our child such as birth certificate, passport & fees. They have given us 30 days to comply and I'm in process of collecting the documents for my child so that those can be provided to IRCC. In the mean time, my wife completed the X-Ray part of her medicals and now our status is shown as Medical passed while we await addition of a dependent child to our PR application.

You can connect with me via DM if you have any additional questions.
I’m in a similar position. But I want to delay my soft landing until December 2019. I know you only get one year from your Medicals to do a soft landing. So my question is - if we delay the x-rays to after the birth, till when does the validity last till? Is it the initial exam date of the medicals or is it the date of the x-rays (final part of medicals)?

Appreciate any inputs here.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Hi @langoorbandar

Thank you so much for such detailed information.

In your case, till you submitted spouse x-ray, what happened to your medicals and other background checks. Did they continue as usual or the processing started only after submitting spouse x-ray.

So when you tried to add the new born, did they get back to you asking for new update POF ?
Medicals were shown as being reviewed while we were awaiting the birth of our daughter. Once the baby was born, my wife underwent X-Ray after about 8 days of delivery. Once X-Ray were submitted by the panel physician, IRCC marked our medicals as passed within a day. Around same time, they had issued an ADR for providing baby's documents and gave us 30 days to comply. We were able to obtain baby's documents including medial within 3 week period after she was born and submitted everything to IRCC. Upon submission of baby's documents, they took only about 8 days to issue a PPR request. This makes me believe IRCC worked on our file while we were waiting for the baby to born but didn't complete the final processing awaiting additional documents. Once they were provided, they immediately reviewed them and completed our file.

langoorbandar

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Bay Area, USA
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I’m in a similar position. But I want to delay my soft landing until December 2019. I know you only get one year from your Medicals to do a soft landing. So my question is - if we delay the x-rays to after the birth, till when does the validity last till? Is it the initial exam date of the medicals or is it the date of the x-rays (final part of medicals)?

Appreciate any inputs here.
COPR will be issued with expiry date of one year since initial medical exam and not X-Ray submission.

bhavind

Nov 29, 2018
I have similar situation. We received ITA and wife's due on 30th December. I started filling out both of our details. As far as I understand this section is called as e-APR. Should I submit all the details here for me and wife only and then I will see an option to upload letter of explanation? I don't see any section to upload any document.

ersandee

Jul 12, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
LANDED..........
25-03-2019
I have similar situation. We received ITA and wife's due on 30th December. I started filling out both of our details. As far as I understand this section is called as e-APR. Should I submit all the details here for me and wife only and then I will see an option to upload letter of explanation? I don't see any section to upload any document.
Yes fill in for yourself and Wife. You will need to communicate to CIC/IRCC once baby is born.

Reactions: bhavind

Akash_16

May 7, 2018
Hi ,

In my case, we found out that we are pregnant before even getting our ITA. Post that, we also went in for our medicals and successfully passed also.( using protective shields). Alongside, while filling out my application, i had shown funds amounting to 3 people beforehand just to be on the safer side.

I am not sure if IRCC will expedite the cases basis info like - medical cleared and funds provided.

Let me know if anyone went through a similar experience.

kulkarninik4

Apr 8, 2019
Hello

I have received ITA on 1st May and my wife is into 5th week of pregnancy. We haven't done medical yet. The questions I have are

1. Has anyone checked with their panel physician if its safe to go for X-ray while pregnant? I am checking for the process that you may have followed to ensure your wife's safety.

2. I have not scheduled the medical exam from the panel physician. It will be sometime in the next two weeks. Should I ask the doctor to hold off on X-ray and other procedures which maybe harmful for the baby? If I do so, can I continue my PR process?

aigo

Dec 11, 2019
Hello

I have received ITA on 1st May and my wife is into 5th week of pregnancy. We haven't done medical yet. The questions I have are

1. Has anyone checked with their panel physician if its safe to go for X-ray while pregnant? I am checking for the process that you may have followed to ensure your wife's safety.

2. I have not scheduled the medical exam from the panel physician. It will be sometime in the next two weeks. Should I ask the doctor to hold off on X-ray and other procedures which maybe harmful for the baby? If I do so, can I continue my PR process?
Hi there,

In the end, what did you do in your situation?

Cheers

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Hi all, I am in the same situation with the a pregnant wife. However, I have not received ITA yet but soon hopefully.
my question is:
1) Do I have to change the amount of funds needed for the proof of funds from two people to three to include the baby when delivered?

2) if we opt for the protective shield and go on with the application, would I still have to provide the proof of funds for 3 people instead of two?