+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA under FSW class, have specific questions

Nov 30, 2019
Hi, I am currently residing in Canada(Masters from Canada and now working)
I got my ITA recently and am eligible to apply under FSW category(based on 5 years of Indian work experience, did not qualify for CEC as I have 3 months workex in Canada).

I have the following questions, it would be great if these could be answered:
1. I haven't received any checklist or any instructions regarding documents to be submitted just the application form where I have to fill more details, when and how I will receive the checklist?

2. Can I get my medical done right now? If yes, is a permanent address required to be shown for the medical to be scheduled? I tried booking a medical and it asks for my address. I don't have a permanent address yet and it will change. Can I get it done by entering a friend's address who stays at the place permanently?

3. For Police verification from Canada, do I need to get a Police clearance certificate if I am residing within Canada? I have been in Canada for more than 2 years. I have read that if you reside within Canada, one does not need a canadian PCC just an Indian PCC(from BLS international). Is it true?

4. I am working as an Independent contractor(self-employed) and providing my services to a company by working as an Consultant for them but my job duties are that of an Software Engineer, what organization and NOC code I should use to show my work experience in this case?

5. Do I need to show proof of funds? I am working on Contract for the company and it's a contract job for which I have a letter from the company on the company letter head.

I'll be very thankful if someone can answer these questions. Thank you in advance.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
After all the forms

Yes you need to get medical done now. No your permanent address not required.

You don't need to submit PCC for Canada

You choose NOC based on your job duties and responsibilities.

Yes you need to show POF

Reactions: shashankmudgal19
Nov 30, 2019
Thank
After all the forms

Yes you need to get medical done now. No your permanent address not required.

You don't need to submit PCC for Canada

You choose NOC based on your job duties and responsibilities.

Yes you need to show POF
Thank you very much for the clarifications ContactFront!

A counter question, need some more clarification regarding point 4 i.e. NOC code,

I registered a company(A) and am listed as a director in it.
But I opened the company(A) to work as a consultant Software Engineer for another company(B) for which I am working as a consultant through my company(A).
So to show this work experience of mine even though I won't be getting any points for it, the 3 main questions are:
i. which company(my own company(A) or the company(B) for which I am working as Consultant),
ii. NOC code of director or Software Engineer
iii. Designation (Director or Consultant or Software Engineer)