+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA under CEC. Spouse foreign work experience letters requested

Thomasdanr

Sep 9, 2015
My spouse and I received an ITA under Canadian Experience Class, but my spouse has no Canadian experience and has not been awarded any express entry points for his foreign work experience but the system requires him to upload experience letters for his foreign work experience. This doesn't make sense, Is there any mistakes we are making in the system, that is forcing us to upload the experience letters?

Spousal Points Awarded-

CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 8
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 20
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 0

Can somebody who has gone through this process explain where we are going wrong. Please note on the system we need to mention personal history in which work history is covered, so does it make sense to mention work history in the personal history section but not under work experience. Also note while creating the express entry profile before receiving the ITA, we have ,mentioned that he has foreign work experience but he was not awarded any points for the same.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The system will prompt for documentation if you include the experience in work history even though you get no points for that. There is no harm in uploading whatever you have, the officer will just summarily ignore those.

Or you can remove the experience completely from their work history and only retain it in their Personal history section. In this case, you won't be prompted for documentation.

All the best!

Reactions: Zcvxcv

alex687

May 19, 2015
I am very close in submitting my Express Entry e-APR. I have one question in mind, I didnot got any points for my wife's employment. Since she doesn't have Canadian work experience. I mentioned in my EE application that she was working. His employer is not in town for few weeks and I need job reference letter to upload with my application. Can I just remove her employment details so that it does not prompt me to submit the job reference letter. I will mention that she is working now in the personal history section of the application. Would it be safe to do that.?

Does anyone having similar scenerio

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex687 said:
I am very close in submitting my Express Entry e-APR. I have one question in mind, I didnot got any points for my wife's employment. Since she doesn't have Canadian work experience. I mentioned in my EE application that she was working. His employer is not in town for few weeks and I need job reference letter to upload with my application. Can I just remove her employment details so that it does not prompt me to submit the job reference letter. I will mention that she is working now in the personal history section of the application. Would it be safe to do that.?

Does anyone having similar scenerio
That will be perfectly legit. You don't even need to provide an explanation for this.

Farhanzahid

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
dear,
i have a question.
yesterday i have received ITA. i have completed my application form. i am doing government job in a hospital. Application form is also asking for details of any government job or military job. Should i mention ths experience or get some other clinic experience.