+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA on June 25. Reason for not accompanying spouse

Gamansingh

Mar 24, 2018
Hello guys,
I was filling all the required forms for Permanent Residence. The is a question in spousal forms.Why spouse not accompanying?
I need help which reason will be a good legitimate reason
1. She couldn’t find a full time job in related to her field. She has a full time

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hello guys,
I was filling all the required forms for Permanent Residence. The is a question in spousal forms.Why spouse not accompanying?
I need help which reason will be a good legitimate reason
1. She couldn’t find a full time job in related to her field. She has a full time

Best reason is to say that you don't wish to shift your family to a new country because of the uncertaintun it holds. You want to first go and find a steady job and then bring her over.

Gamansingh

Mar 24, 2018
Best reason is to say that you don't wish to shift your family to a new country because of the uncertaintun it holds. You want to first go and find a steady job and then bring her over.
I live in canada on a post graduate work permit. I already have a job here.
My wife just left Canada.
Any suggestions now?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I live in canada on a post graduate work permit. I already have a job here.
My wife just left Canada.
Any suggestions now?

Ah ok. Then why not just state the real reason?

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
I am little scared about stating this reason. What do you think?
Thanks a ton for your respons

Ok, so if you were to put spouse as accompanying, after receiving pr she will have to visit Canada once for few days to activate her PR. She can then go back to India to continue doing what she's doing and join you in Canada later within the first three yrs. As you might know you need to complete 2 yrs out 5 yrs of cumulative stay to keep pr valid. So that gives her 3 full yrs to join you.

If you put spouse as non accompanying then she won't receive pr and she will either have to apply independently later or you will have to sponsor her...which is a lengthy process.

Whether accompanying or not you still have to submit her medicals and PCC as she's part of your family.

So I'd highly recommend you to just get the pr for both while you're submitting all the paper work anyway.

But if you choose to show non accompanying then just stating the true reason will not be a problem.

Reactions: hamgha

Billoo3108

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
I have a real reason of maritial discord though no legal separation has happened yet . Can I state the real reason . Has anyone experience any issues if the real reason as above is stated ?

viki1805

Jun 13, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-06-2018
I have a real reason of maritial discord though no legal separation has happened yet . Can I state the real reason . Has anyone experience any issues if the real reason as above is stated ?
if not bound by legal aspects, it'll be hard to convince a visa officer IMO. Although if you could explain it by attaching maybe a marriage counselor's certificate or attestation of your current scenario, it might seem more convincing for a visa officer.
this is just my take and am not speaking from personal experience.

ajsg

Jan 3, 2019
Has anyone of you gotten your PR yet ?
What was the reason that you provided finally for a non-accompanying spouse ?

StarTrek2023

Jan 9, 2023
Hi, I have a similar problem. My spouse has provided me with the PPR and medical as we are in talking terms. But, what should I state as the reason ? Will stating the actual reasons create a problem ?