+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA. Is the transcript enough to prove education credentials?

DUK

Nov 8, 2020
I don't have a graduate certificate by hand for my Masters Degree. I only have the transcript, and it contains the modules I completed, awarded date and the student details.

Due to this pandemic situation I am unable to get the certificate since the lock down.

Will the transcript enough for the ITA? Is there a possibility to reject the application?

thomas3456

Star Member
Mar 6, 2020
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-10-2019
AOR Received.
02-10-2019
I don't have a graduate certificate by hand for my Masters Degree. I only have the transcript, and it contains the modules I completed, awarded date and the student details.

Due to this pandemic situation I am unable to get the certificate since the lock down.

Will the transcript enough for the ITA? Is there a possibility to reject the application?
you need evaluation from wes etc. plus degree is important.. you might get rejected due to lack of documents.

Reactions: DUK

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

You need an ECA. it is highly advised to include your degree certificate as well.
However, in your case, you could attach an LOE to explain that you aren't able to obtain the certificate, and show that you have made a reasonable effort to do so (email/ correspondence with the university, etc)

That said, there have been many instances of applications being rejected due to a missing degree certificate, so it is solely at the discretion of the officer reviewing your application.

DUK

Nov 8, 2020
You need an ECA. it is highly advised to include your degree certificate as well.
However, in your case, you could attach an LOE to explain that you aren't able to obtain the certificate, and show that you have made a reasonable effort to do so (email/ correspondence with the university, etc)

That said, there have been many instances of applications being rejected due to a missing degree certificate, so it is solely at the discretion of the officer reviewing your application.
Thank you very much for the feedback given, this is really helpful for me. I have updated more on the situation

DUK

Nov 8, 2020
you need evaluation from wes etc. plus degree is important.. you might get rejected due to lack of documents.
Thank you very much for the feedback given, this is really helpful for me. I have updated more on the situation

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
I am in the same situation but my Uni offered me an Award Confirmation Letter to confirm degree awarded.
I’ll use that, I have the ECA report, the email from my Uni informing me that they can’t produce my degree because of Covid-19 and also an LOE.

DUK

Nov 8, 2020
I already have the ECA report. The only issue is I do not have the MSC certificate with me but I have the original transcripts of the MSC given by the university.

I should be able to provide the evidence of the communication happened with the university, or may be a letter from the university stating the problem and the circumstances.

But it seems still there is something to worry about .... Or any other comments?

DUK

Nov 8, 2020
I am in the same situation but my Uni offered me an Award Confirmation Letter to confirm degree awarded.
I’ll use that, I have the ECA report, the email from my Uni informing me that they can’t produce my degree because of Covid-19 and also an LOE.
Thank you for the response. I am trying the same to avoid any delays on submission. Only concern is whether the IRCC would accept this

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Thank you for the response. I am trying the same to avoid any delays on submission. Only concern is whether the IRCC would accept this
“ If a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required), the applicant should include an explanation with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days.”

DUK

Nov 8, 2020
“ If a new application is missing supporting documentation (associated fees are required), the applicant should include an explanation with their application that they are affected by the service disruptions as a result of the novel coronavirus. The application may then be promoted and reviewed in 90 days.”
Please correct me if I am wrong here.

So in that case the application will be on hold for another 90 days until we provide the relevant documents, is it?

Carmen01

Oct 13, 2020
Please correct me if I am wrong here.

So in that case the application will be on hold for another 90 days until we provide the relevant documents, is it?
Provide the documents you have , in your case that’s an ECA, attach your transcripts and communications where you tried to get the certificate and also state it in your LOE and let the VO decide.
The world is aware of the pandemic , so no issues there.

USmoothBrain

Nov 4, 2020
Yeah need to show the undergrad too, In my case I have the degree certificate but not the Masters.
Doesn't look like it's true.

Which credentials to get assessed

In most cases, you only need an assessment for your highest level of education.

For example, if you have a Master’s degree, you only need an assessment for that degree. You don’t need one for your Bachelor’s degree.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/who.html

DUK

Nov 8, 2020
Doesn't look like it's true.

Which credentials to get assessed

In most cases, you only need an assessment for your highest level of education.

For example, if you have a Master’s degree, you only need an assessment for that degree. You don’t need one for your Bachelor’s degree.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/who.html
Hi. I do have the ECA completed which contains my Masters. Its just that I do not have my masters degree certificate with me to submit for the ITA.

However I have managed to get the Award Confirmation Letter to confirm degree awarded from my university. Hope that will be ok with the visa officer :)