+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA. Have questions regarding uploading of documents!! KINDLY HELP!!

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Hello friends..

I recently received an ITA few days back. Have some confusion with the application submission process... Need advice!!

I thought that we need to submit the documents in 2 steps..
First, after ITA, during submitting the application, upload only the basic documents regarding education, travel, work, etc…
And later, if your application is approved for PR, then upload the PCC, medical reports & other required documents..

But that's not the case it seems.
After having received an ITA, I completed all the forms. On clicking ‘Continue’, it generated a document checklist.
Now this checklist is also asking for the PCC and medical reports.

So, my question is:

Is it mandatory to submit all the documents along with the application or we can skip few until we have been approved for PR?
To be specific, Will the system allow me to proceed without uploading the PCC & medical report?

tosincci

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4/04/2015 & 29/6/2015
Passport Req..
11-12-2015
you cant proceed with your application without uploading all required documents. furthermore, not providing adequate corroborating documents will lead to a cancellation of your application for PR.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will have to submit all the documents before it allows you to proceed.

You can take a chance at uploading an LOE to explain certain missing documents, apologizing profusely and promising to upload them shortly. But I don't see CIC buying that argument because they give you 60 days to submit everything.

Recommend that you apply for PCC(s) and schedule medicals right away and try your best to upload the documents, pay the fee and submit the application before your ITA lapses.

All the best!

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Thank you for the replies!!

@Asivad Anac - the issue is that PCC from US takes around 4 months, and that i have already applied last month. Apart from that, no such problem in uploading the documents.
So, can we mention that in LOE ?

And one more query about 'Proof of Means of Financial Support'.
I wonder if private sector bank officials would issue such a letter on request?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draviki said:
Thank you for the replies!!

@ Asivad Anac - the issue is that PCC from US takes around 4 months, and that i have already applied last month. Apart from that, no such problem in uploading the documents.
So, can we mention that in LOE ?

As dan_and pointed out, CIC might allow this under exceptional circumstances and it is up to the officer's discretion. A nicely drafted polite LOE would definitely help.

And one more query about 'Proof of Means of Financial Support'.
I wonder if private sector bank officials would issue such a letter on request?

Explain the purpose to them and they should help. They are simply the custodians of your money and they generate their business out of your money - do not request for this, instead demand this as a customer.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Yeah, thanks.
We'll do that.

One more issue about financial support proof:

My wife is the main applicant, her financial status is not enough for the application to go through. So we are planning to show my financial documents for the PR application.
Is it feasible to include my financial support proof along with hers and mention it in LOE?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draviki said:
Yeah, thanks.
We'll do that.

One more issue about financial support proof:

My wife is the main applicant, her financial status is not enough for the application to go through. So we are planning to show my financial documents for the PR application.
Is it feasible to include my financial support proof along with hers and mention it in LOE?
Only is she is named in a joint account along with you. You can try showcasing your financials as proof but CIC explicitly asks for POF from the PA alone.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Only is she is named in a joint account along with you. You can try showcasing your financials as proof but CIC explicitly asks for POF from the PA alone.
No, we do not have any joint account. But she has included my name as dependent spouse accompanying her in her CIC application.
What are the options?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draviki said:
No, we do not have any joint account. But she has included my name as dependent spouse accompanying her in her CIC application.
What are the options?
1. Get a joint account made and showcase that to CIC. Add an LOE explaining why you created the joint account this late.

2. Transfer monies to your spouse's account. Attach a signed self-declaration which explicitly states that the monies transferred are a gift and NOT a loan hence need not be returned to you. Include transfer details such as bank accounts, date, wire transfer ref number, payee name and relationship with receiver etc.

pav

Star Member
Jun 24, 2011
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My pof bank letter is stamped and signed..but my 6month bank statement is not signed stamped..is it ok?
I am fsw candidate
Please someone reply
Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pav said:
My pof bank letter is stamped and signed..but my 6month bank statement is not signed stamped..is it ok?
I am fsw candidate
Please someone reply
Thanks
By 6 month bank statement, if you mean a detailed statement of all transactions over the last 6 months, that is not even required. But if you still want to upload it, get it stamped by the bank.

draviki

Star Member
Apr 24, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
1. Get a joint account made and showcase that to CIC. Add an LOE explaining why you created the joint account this late.

2. Transfer monies to your spouse's account. Attach a signed self-declaration which explicitly states that the monies transferred are a gift and NOT a loan hence need not be returned to you. Include transfer details such as bank accounts, date, wire transfer ref number, payee name and relationship with receiver etc.
Hmm... Have to see what we can do..

Another thing, the checklist asks for PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
It states:
You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:
• a marriage certificate
• Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
• a birth certificate
• an official document naming you as a parent
• a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter’s passport showing the inviter’s parents, if applicable

I didn't get it, we have to provide proof of relationship with whom exactly?? Accompanying spouse OR Relative in Canada??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
draviki said:
Hmm... Have to see what we can do..

Another thing, the checklist asks for PROOF OF RELATIONSHIP
It states:
You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:
• a marriage certificate
• Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
• a birth certificate
• an official document naming you as a parent
• a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter's passport showing the inviter's parents, if applicable

I didn't get it, we have to provide proof of relationship with whom exactly?? Accompanying spouse OR Relative in Canada??
Where does this appear? In your spouse's checklist? In that case, this requires proof of relationship with you.