+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA but WES results and IELTS still not out yet

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
canadadreamming said:
Sorry for the confusion but IELTS has been taken and WES application has been submitted, and receipt number and date are both available, it is just that results are still pending. If the results came out exactly what was keyed in or even better (say CLB 8 instead of 7) then I don't see why it is not possible, the receipt and date taken is still the same? In case results is below what was keyed in, the I agree that application should be withdrawn
Be careful with misrepresentation. You cannot enter the results before you get the results. If there is any discrepancy between your actual score and the reported score (even if the former is higher than the latter) AND you filed your FSW application, you can be charged with misrepresentation and barred from entering Canada for at least 5 years.

simonawo

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
specialmary said:
Be careful with misrepresentation. You cannot enter the results before you get the results. If there is any discrepancy between your actual score and the reported score (even if the former is higher than the latter) AND you filed your FSW application, you can be charged with misrepresentation and barred from entering Canada for at least 5 years.
Much as i wont encourage misrepresentation, its necessary we don't completely scare folks. It is pertinent to note that CIC did say its possible for one's situation to change at any time and as such, the change can be updated. They specifically talked about if you get a new English test score or you had a child along the line. If you discover your CRS score aint high enough, you can write a new English Test to aim at scoring higher and consequently update your information so your CRS score can also go higher.

From what i've read, CIC checks your details, after they have issued you an ITA and your supporting documents for application for permanent residency has gotten to them. I have recently read of people who applied for FSW 2014 and after sending their application documents, CIC indicated they could not find their ECA result on WES website, even when the documents they sent are genuine.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
withdraw/decline or be sorry later :eek:

what if you did not get your projected ielts score?

you submit a different one and that is misrepresentation. you are risking being banned.

fpnc2983

Feb 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you seem to have a good crs score but you cant wait for the actual results???/
SMH

specialmary

Jun 18, 2012
simonawo said:
Much as i wont encourage misrepresentation, its necessary we don't completely scare folks. It is pertinent to note that CIC did say its possible for one's situation to change at any time and as such, the change can be updated. They specifically talked about if you get a new English test score or you had a child along the line. If you discover your CRS score aint high enough, you can write a new English Test to aim at scoring higher and consequently update your information so your CRS score can also go higher.

From what i've read, CIC checks your details, after they have issued you an ITA and your supporting documents for application for permanent residency has gotten to them. I have recently read of people who applied for FSW 2014 and after sending their application documents, CIC indicated they could not find their ECA result on WES website, even when the documents they sent are genuine.
I think you do not understand the process of dealing with documents in CIC. CIC first check whether your documents have any problems. If they find a discrepancy, they may outright reject your application. Later, in case you re-apply, you will need to indicate your previous rejection, as well as a detailed reason why you got rejected. They may consider the fact that you have declared your IELTS score to be A, B, C and D even if you did not actually take the test in your previous application. This is a kind of misrepresentation.

CIC is basically finding ways to reject an application, and thus the success rate of FSW is only around 50-60%. Therefore, it is naive to think that you can 'predict' your score and enter them in the EE profile. Later if they give you ITA, you can revise your score to reflect your true score. If this is possible, then everyone can first 'predict' their credential assessment results (when they are still waiting for foreign education credential assessment results), and change it later after they receive ITA.

The idea was that the IELTS result was never there at the first place, and it is very likely that your 'predicted' IELT score is different from your actual score. CIC may demand explanations from the applicant. If the explanation is insufficient, misrepresentation will be issued, even without them interviewing you. In some cases, misrepresentation is issued directly without even giving an applicant a chance of explanation - such as when an applicant has applied for FSW previously but did not include this piece of information on the application form due to forgetfulness.

The onus is on an applicant that they have submitted a complete application. Even if an applicant has inadvertently provided misinformation, a CIC officer can reject an application and even issue misrepresentation. According to CIC, misrepresentation means providing false, material fact that can influence a decision on an immigration application, even though the person may forget to report the information inadvertently. You can search this on CIC operational manual.

In addition, CIC shared its applicant information with other countries such as Australia, US, etc... and misrepresentation in Canada may bar you from immigrating all these countries in your lifetime. Please do not give false impression to people that they can 'guess' their IELTS score.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
+1

Thank you for that.

I have been pouring over every date and detail in my EE to make sure if/when I get ITA I don't have anything extra to justify or be accused of wrong doing. It almost feels unfair that some people believe they can coast through this easily.