+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA but had filed for divorce last month. Spouse not accompanying

aba84

May 11, 2018
Hi,

Here is my situation. Hope you guys could help.

I created an express entry profile in January. At time time I entered my status as married. Last month I have filed for my divorce, which will be finalized 6 months later in October. I have only a receipt from the court and an online page about the divorce plea. I got an ITA this week. My husband will not be accompanying with me.

1. What should be my marital status in my PR application. Can I change it now?
2. Since I am not able to get my husbands medical cert, police clearance and his family details, The application is not letting me proceed to next steps. what are my options.
3. I contacted a few immigration consultants in India but they have not handles such cases and are giving me a run around. Any good consultant recommended?
4. I heard about a affidavit stating I will not sponsor my spouse in future. Does anyone have a template and what is the process to get this (in terms of it is on a stamp paper or a Notorized document?)
5. How do I prove that my divorce is in process? where could I get a certificate etc?

Thanks
Any help is appreciated!

HADDY

Jul 15, 2017
why dont you contact cic and ask all these questions. i think that will be your best bet in this situation.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

I created an express entry profile in January. At time time I entered my status as married. Last month I have filed for my divorce, which will be finalized 6 months later in October. I have only a receipt from the court and an online page about the divorce plea. I got an ITA this week. My husband will not be accompanying with me.

Your status will be "married" until your divorce is finalized. So, you can change it to separated (I think), but you cannot say you are divorced yet. Make sure you indicate "non-accompanying."

2. Since I am not able to get my husbands medical cert, police clearance and his family details, The application is not letting me proceed to next steps. what are my options.
Upload a LOE about why you can't get the documents with proof that you have applied for a divorce (your receipt and online page - get them translated if they are not in English or French). Indicate the date you expect it to be finalized.

4. I heard about a affidavit stating I will not sponsor my spouse in future. Does anyone have a template and what is the process to get this (in terms of it is on a stamp paper or a Notorized document?)
Won't make a difference. Since you have applied for a divorce, your application will be finalized after your divorce is finalized. But at least you can submit it.

pritkumar08

Jun 27, 2020
Hi,

3. I contacted a few immigration consultants in India but they have not handles such cases and are giving me a run around. Any good consultant recommended?
5. How do I prove that my divorce is in process? where could I get a certificate etc?

Thanks
Any help is appreciated!
Hello Sir/Madam, any update on your application ?