+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Received ITA after my birthday passed

mgelilia

Apr 6, 2017
I have received an ITA a few days after my birthday. I understand that following my birthday my CRS score should be reduced by 5 points (just turned 39 this year) but the express entry profile system did not update my score automatically and is still showing my original score. Consequently, I received an ITA in the last round of invitations based on my original score. Considering my reduced score (due to growing older by one year now), should I decline the invitation and wait for the next rounds or continue to apply normally? my new score is lower than the minimum score required for the round I received the ITA on. Please let me know.
Regards,
Milo

MattyTj

Mar 7, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mgelilia said:
I have received an ITA a few days after my birthday. I understand that following my birthday my CRS score should be reduced by 5 points (just turned 39 this year) but the express entry profile system did not update my score automatically and is still showing my original score. Consequently, I received an ITA in the last round of invitations based on my original score. Considering my reduced score (due to growing older by one year now), should I decline the invitation and wait for the next rounds or continue to apply normally? my new score is lower than the minimum score required for the round I received the ITA on. Please let me know.
Regards,
Milo
What was your score in the system the day you got the ITA?

mgelilia

Apr 6, 2017
My score is currently 432 but if you consider 1 year age reduction of 5 points it becomes 427...

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
mgelilia said:
Is that right? Could you explain why? where is this written or explained?
Excerpt from ITA:

NOTE: If you had a birthday since we sent you this invitation, and the change to your age decreases your points
total, this will not cause us to refuse your application for permanent residence.

So technically, your age changed before getting the ITA. Even though the CRS points did not change, once you submit your profile, the final CRS points will show the new change. I think this will be a misrepresentation.

Butterball83

Aug 19, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will asses your score themselves and if it's different to the score you received an ITA on then they will reject it. I had an application rejected because my international experience wasn't eligible when I thought it was, so they didn't include this in the assessment of my score therefore my points in their check dropped significantly. This was back when points were in the 490's so I was brought below 490 and my application was rejected.

basically their check needs to match up with the points you were awarded at the time of your invite. It should say this in your ITA or AOR, I'm unsure which one specifically.

mgelilia

Apr 6, 2017
Yeah I can hear you guys but....I'm really puzzled here... How come a new express entry system like the one IRCC is currently using is not programmed to update the scoring for age changes such as mine... In addition, I'm also wondering how come for such a minor change a lot of people will potentially misinterpret the requirements and apply thinking their application will be approved but eventually it will get rejected without them knowing the real reason for the rejection. This obviously clogs the system with more applications unnecessarily... if you know what I mean...

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
What does that mean?? Should the ITA be accepted or rejected??
Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/refuse.asp

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
walaa said:
What does that mean?? Should the ITA be accepted or rejected??
Exemption to section A11.2: candidates whose birthday occurs after they receive an ITA
An applicant may have a birthday after they receive an ITA but before they submit their e-APR. Their change in age may lower their CRS score below the lowest score in the round of invitations. It may also result in the applicant no longer meeting the minimum requirements of the FSWC and, consequently, no longer meeting the MEC, resulting in a refusal based on section A11.2.

When a change in age results in the candidate no longer meeting the MEC or having their recalculated CRS points score fall below the lowest points score in that round of invitations, officers should consider applying the public policy to exempt applicants for permanent residence from certain age-based requirements between invitation to apply and application, based on section A25.2. This consideration can result in an exemption from the refusal of an application under section A11.2.

This public policy also grants an exemption to applicants who may be refused for failing to meet FSWC program requirements when their birthday occurs between the ITA and e-APR.
It should be declined if your age changed before the ITA. If it changed after the ITA, you are good.

walaa

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
24-06-2017
walaa said:
Thank you
In the case that my birthday is due and my CRS was not changed as the case our mate above,, should I notify the cic ?? And how??
How to avoid this issue?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
walaa said:
In the case that my birthday is due and my CRS was not changed as the case our mate above,, should I notify the cic ?? And how??
How to avoid this issue?
If your age changes after the ITA, your points will be reduced when you submit your eAPR. But the case officer will ignore that reduction in points and move ahead with your application. You can also mention this change in LOE while submitting the application.

Good luck!